Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, sold the gold golf and now i got this and i love it :)

its a 520ise manual, 1998, with all the extras, cruise, individual climate control, 6 cd changer, auto dipping mirror, leather etc

mines only a 520i but its such a lovely car to drive :) any one driven one before?

in the 2 weeks ive owned it ive put on; new front clear lights, clear repeaters, chrome m5 grille and the 17inch sport rims, just need to get the rear sport lights and im done :)

let me know what ya think!
cheers
john

Attachments

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Nice,but couldn't BMW have made the electric seat buttons any bigger.. ;)

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol mine arnt electric seats Mal. they are handles, the electric buttons are nice and small tho.

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
You know what they are like trying to find the indicator stalk so I think that was a good idea to make them big :} :}

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Shorty_JKT said:
lol mine arnt electric seats Mal. they are handles, the electric buttons are nice and small tho.
Crikey!...You don't get electric seats in a BMW,the tight gits!...The 'handles' are still bloomin big tho.. ;)

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
All round leccy windows and only manual seats? I know the mk3 zetec mondy is like that but even that has an electric up n down on it. I really though bmw would have put leccy seats in?

edit.... nice car btw :L I just thought even a base model beemer would have leccy seats.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Nearly went and brought one of those before I got the ST, and I am glad I didnt. the 2.0 6 pot is just not up to the job in the 5 series. I bet you dont keep it long.

I know it drives very well, but they just dont go. You should have gone for the 535, thats an awsome car!

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the 520 engine imho is up to the job, its got 150bhp and pulls very well for what i want it for. i dont take it above 2500 revs and only drive to college and back.

not that i am ever going to do this but the 0-60 time is 9.8 which isnt that slow so fuc u!

i almost bought a st200 but then i didnt cos they look dated and didnt want another mondeo!

and if i was buying a car for performance i wudnt have bought it either, i have had a couple of fast cars that wud rape ur st200 all over but ive already grown out of it and dont put my foot down any more. however the 520 is excelent on the motorway once at 70 u can in 5th it pulls to 90 in no time.

gotta admit also excellent for cutting up ppl at 80mph, good at going straight from outside lane to the inside lane without indicating :D haha

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
Shorty_JKT said:
gotta admit also excellent for cutting up ppl at 80mph, good at going straight from outside lane to the inside lane without indicating :D haha
In best yoda voice... You are learning well the ways of the bmw driver young padwan :} :}

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
nice motor mate know what you mean about the 2L they shift when you want them to also it helps being rear wheel drive

tthe other thing is they are bloody comfy as well

you should have heated seats and the electric pack was a no cost extra on the 5 series iirc but not alot opted for it

·
TalkFord is Arse, Bring back MEG!
3,972 Posts
Lovely looking motor! My old man has got the E34 520 For what it is its quick! Straight 6 2.0 not that underpowered. Didn't they do a 518? Now thats underpowered!

·
MEG Colonel
5,351 Posts
Mal said:
Shorty_JKT said:
Crikey!...You don't get electric seats in a BMW,the tight gits!...The 'handles' are still bloomin big tho.. ;)
thats german engineering

·
MEG Sergeant
1,017 Posts
Lol u dont half change ur cars quickly?
is that your old mondeo in the background of one of the pics?

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha yeh, didnt notice it there, thats my old mondie, i used it for a week or 2 before i bought my bm :) its still going strong.

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
are these really your cars lol or is your dad buying and selling cars...seems a bit odd the quick turnaround in a short space of time and that your mondy is in the background as you said you sold it a while ago....

just my opinion, and flames are expected lol

nice car though :L

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes these really are my cars lol! the mondie i said i sold was a white mk1 si not my dads old green on :)

my dad drives the hyundai accent - also on the drive,

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Very nice car mate! I wanted a 5 series before i bought my ZS, but couldnt find a 525d within my budget that was cheap enough or that didnt have mighty miles on the clock! Have a chat with [color:eek:range]fellie[/color] cos hes Admin for a 5 series website and used to have a 528i. Anything you want to know and im sure he will be able to help you. :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
not my cup of tea good luck if it goes wrong lol.

is it me or do those door cards look anerexic and cheaply thin?

Shorty_JKT said:
yes these really are my cars lol! the mondie i said i sold was a white mk1 si not my dads old green on :)

my dad drives the hyundai accent - also on the drive,
maybe they want to see your log book as proof lol.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.