Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Megger
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in pictures! :L i thought it would be a nice change to show my typical work day, for those that dont know i work for Hertz car/van hire in manchester as a driver, first job of the day, deliver one C-Class Merc to bolton....

and collect one Astra SRi.........

Next job of the day and this one i really wanted to avoid, was to drive to Barrow in ferness from manchester :crazy: to collect a minibus :( I said il drive there in a ford galaxy and back to avoid being stuck at 60mph in the minibus for 3 hours on the return journey :tongue:

We got into Barrow in ferness, collected the bus and set off back, heres a few pic of the scenery....

Saw this on the way back too...

From here i dropped the galaxy off at manchester airport (4 hours and 30 mins after setting off to barrow :BEEP: ) and collected a new Saab 9.5 and headed back to work, but no pics as it was dark by then!

Sorry for boring you all and thanks for looking!

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Some nice piccys(and cars)mate,even if you were being naughty and snapping and driving at the same time..

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Mal said:
Some nice piccys(and cars)mate,even if you were being naughty and snapping and driving at the same time..
Was thinking the same myself. Bloody hire car drivers :}

·
MEG Corporal
492 Posts
I do like the front end of the vectra and the astra,still not too sure of the rear of the astra yet though.

So how did they drive and compare,you can leave out the galaxy though,thats just a fancy minibus :}

;) Darren

·
Megger
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Erm, i think the Astra looks the mutts nutts! but the seats and drive are terrible, a vectra is better but then a mondeo ST or Titanium X is better than any vauxhall :D

The C-Class was nice, not very quick but comfortable and quiet, best cars for me upto now has to be a Chrysler 300C for comfort or a Saab 9.3 Aero, damn them Saabs are quick!

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
i hate the astra looks, never driven one tho.

Saabs have always been fast, i test drove a 2.3t auto and boy that was fun for a auto, and verey deceptively fast, and very very very quiet with it. highly under rated car by many, due to there indifferent looks.

·
MEG Commander
2,969 Posts
so what exactly do you do? (job title)

·
Megger
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My badge says "driver" :D

I get given keys, a destination and off i trot, if theres no car to collect at the other end someone will pick me up and take me for a collection on the way back to work, easy :woot: :L

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
I nearly applied for a job doing the similar, but I would've had to hitch hike back to the work base! A big no no for me. My Dad used to be a manager for Sixt Kennings in Cardiff and every day he could choose a different car to go home in (depending what was at the depot).

Hmm...my day enthralls driving 50 miles down the M6 to work, getting on a 3 1/2 ton Forklift, drive around for 8 hours in a freezer with temps down to -28 deg cel (standing, god knows what the wind chill is),(which is really cold without the correct gear), then drive 50 miles home!

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Where abouts do you work Alun - its not at the Somerfield Depot in St.Helens is it cause of of my brothers works there - sounds like that place :} (saying that, we are only about 45 miles from Blackpool :) )

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
[quote name=Mr.Manchester]My badge says "driver" :D

I get given keys, a destination and off i trot, if theres no car to collect at the other end someone will pick me up and take me for a collection on the way back to work, easy :woot: :L [/quote]

hope your not working for the mafia or something :}

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
DavePage said:
Where abouts do you work Alun - its not at the Somerfield Depot in St.Helens is it cause of of my brothers works there - sounds like that place :} (saying that, we are only about 45 miles from Blackpool :) )
No not there, they don't have a freezer department do they? Thought it was just the "Chill" they had?

Anyway, I work at the new Iceland Distribution Depot in Warrington (Hardwick Grange), used to be the old Safeway site before Morrisons took it over and sold it off (W*nker Mr Ken Morrison).

So I've been at the same place of work for about 2 years, worked under 3 different companies and been made redundant from the same place! Lets just hope Iceland do a better job than the previous owners.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Alun said:
DavePage said:
No not there, they don't have a freezer department do they? Thought it was just the "Chill" they had?

Anyway, I work at the new Iceland Distribution Depot in Warrington (Hardwick Grange), used to be the old Safeway site before Morrisons took it over and sold it off (W*nker Mr Ken Morrison).

So I've been at the same place of work for about 2 years, worked under 3 different companies and been made redundant from the same place! Lets just hope Iceland do a better job than the previous owners.
Apparently they do have a big freezer bit - brother was telling me you can only go in there for certain periods of time or something.

Just so long as you dont get that Chavvy Bint Kerry Katona turning up at the depot you would be OK. I really, really cannot stand her and those bloody adverts. We used to go to Iceland every once in a while, but now we wont go near the place - guess the advertising works then!

·
Back in a Mondeo
5,462 Posts
So far no guest appearences from the moose and I hope it stays that way! Your're supposed to have a break every hour by law apparantly, but most of us go every 2 hours. It's something daft like 10 minutes every hour, but we all combine them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.