Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Well, I had a bit of a near miss today whilst driving home.

A home delivery driver for a well known frozen food store decided to overtake a learner driver on the brow of a hill.

I managed to decelerate in time and am thankful I saw what was happening in time to respond.

Fortunately, there was no-one behind.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Christ. I think I'd be making a certain well-known frozen food store aware of this, perhaps via Twitter and Facebook.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Christ. I think I'd be making a certain well-known frozen food store aware of this, perhaps via Twitter and Facebook.
Yes make sure his kids don't eat!!

Like were all perfect!

As far as I can see it wasn't even close and the road is 3 vehicles wide.Strange how some want to make non event into something.I suggest you don't drive anywhere near London,we would be over run with threads with videos.
Have you actually watched the video?

He overtook on the BROW OF A HILL. That's incredibly reckless, particularly for a so-called professional driver. The OP had to brake, which shows that it was far too close for comfort. If the OP had been going a little bit faster or had been a bit further up the road, I dare say he'd be showing us photos of his destroyed Mondeo, perhaps from his hospital bed.

"Oh but it's OK for him to endanger the lives of others as long as he can feed his family" - I'm not saying they should immediately sack him, but making them aware of the low standards of driving by the employees who are representing their company is not a bad thing.

Why do you think so many company-owned vans have "How's my driving? Call xxxxxxxx" written on them?

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is a typical 'Mobile Diagnostics' response and I wouldn't expect anything less from him/her.

Always seems to reply with some off the chart reply. LOL

But as MD says; "Like were (we're) all perfect".

But as you say hcanning, the van driver is supposedly a professional driver and as such his driving should be better.

Oh, and I contacted Iceland last night via email.

Reactions: Mazo

·
Premium Member
674 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Yes make sure his kids don't eat!!

Like were all perfect!

As far as I can see it wasn't even close and the road is 3 vehicles wide.Strange how some want to make non event into something.I suggest you don't drive anywhere near London,we would be over run with threads with videos.

He overtook on the BROW OF A HILL. That's incredibly reckless, particularly for a so-called professional driver. The OP had to brake, which shows that it was far too close for comfort. If the OP had been going a little bit faster or had been a bit further up the road, I dare say he'd be showing us photos of his destroyed Mondeo, perhaps from his hospital bed.

"Oh but it's OK for him to endanger the lives of others as long as he can feed his family" - I'm not saying they should immediately sack him, but making them aware of the low standards of driving by the employees who are representing their company is not a bad thing.

Why do you think so many company-owned vans have "How's my driving? Call xxxxxxxx" written on them?
Tell me something,have you ever got it wrong? I know I have and ive passed 4 different driving tests and a separate card in my pocket that says im a professional driver.

If we live on what IF'S we would never leave the house,infact im sure some of you would spend life hiding under the bed.

How do you know that as this van passed the car it didn't accelerate on the van making what was a safe pass into one it turned into.The fact is you don't know,i maybe old school,but I use the roads to get from A to B not to judge others.If I reported every bit of bad driving id never come out of the police station.

What I find is drivers with the least ability make the most noise about others.A professional driver would remember that incident for about 30 secs and moved on.Theres far worse happening........

Maybe some need to get out more,try a motorway theres always some interesting rubber necking going on to brighten up your lifes there lol.

So come on,are you perfect?
There's a difference between "getting it wrong" and deliberately doing something stupid and selfish due to sheer impatience. There's a difference between accidentally reversing into someone's car in a car park for instance, and performing a manoeuver which causes another road user to have to take evasive action for fear of potentially life-threatening injuries.

A professional driver would have waited until he could see that the road ahead was clear before performing the overtake.

That's about all there is to it, really.

If you can't see the difference then that's no-one's problem but your own.

·
Registered
833 Posts
That is a typical 'Mobile Diagnostics' response and I wouldn't expect anything less from him/her.

Always seems to reply with some off the chart reply. LOL

But as MD says; "Like were (we're) all perfect".

But as you say hcanning, the van driver is supposedly a professional driver and as such his driving should be better.

Oh, and I contacted Iceland last night via email.
Van drivers are NOT professional drivers.Just people with a car licence.Thats why the pays crap,but hey thats probably the least of his worries.Feeding his kids probably is.And for what,a crap driver over stating the incident without knowing what really went off.

Still at least you feel important for a change.
Well yes, they are. A professional driver is somebody who is paid to drive a vehicle, and there are certain standards which must be upheld as a result of doing so.

You just sound like the typical selfish British motorist who cares about no-one else on the roads but themselves. The OP is a "crap driver" for "over stating the incident"? He wasn't the one doing a blind overtake.

A learner driver accelerating when being overtaken? Come off it. The opposite is likely true - he probably braked.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You must feel real proud!

Still at least you feel important for a change.
You have a weird way of looking at things MD.

I neither feel proud nor important.

Do those two observations reflect what you think about yourself perhaps?

The van driver was an idiot, plain and simple! Fact!

How you can defend this type of driving on public roads is anyone's guess and all I can say is I hope I never have to drive on any stretch of road the same time you are on it.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
a crap driver over stating the incident without knowing what really went off.
Seriously?

Are you really so idiotic IRL?

You come across as the the king of denial!

MD, just an idea, but you should probably go out and do some professional driving and earn your £8.00 x 3 and refrain from posting such nonsense!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I personally wouldnt have chanced an overtake there but thats just me.

In regards to whether hes a professional driver or not, well I started working as a part time delivery driver in December but that definitely doesnt make me a professional driver. I've not passed any tests other than my driving test.

Truth is, any ham fisted monkey boy can get a job as a delivery driver, me included.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I personally wouldnt have chanced an overtake there but thats just me.

In regards to whether hes a professional driver or not, well I started working as a part time delivery driver in December but that definitely doesnt make me a professional driver. I've not passed any tests other than my driving test.

Truth is, any ham fisted monkey boy can get a job as a delivery driver, me included.
It does make you a professional driver by definition, though. Driving is your profession. C1, HGV etc licenses are just qualifications to drive a vehicle of a certain size and type at the end of the day. :)

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Nomadic Teuchter
189 Posts
As above...

We've all made mistakes but to deliberately do something dangerous like what was in the video is out of the question.

Incidents like this are a daily occurrence in the Highlands, too many aggressive, impatient and irresponsible drivers who don't understand or appreciate the roads and traffic and not thinking anything except "must go faster/get out my way". Worth dying/killing for saving a few seconds? Some people obviously don't have survival instinct or common sense... "Look before you leap".

Got to be very careful in company vehicles especially branded ones...! I doubt the driver will get the sack, probably a very stern talking to and hopefully will take a lot more care and attention in future.

MP

Reactions: Ripperoo

·
Nomadic Teuchter
189 Posts
And this is why a dashcam is a brilliant £30 investment. Could save you hundreds/thousands in the long run if you have to make an insurance claim and avoid a "he said, she said" game.

I've had mine for a bit over 6 months and got over 100 videos of people doing stupid things.
Just bear in mind the most prosecuted from dash cams are their owners.
That's actually a very good point... I remember someone bragging on Facebook about how they did 130mph on their Kamikaze V-Twin or whatever on an A-road, daft eejits even filmed themselves. Police and court didn't have much work to do in the prosecution... D'oh!

Follow the law, it makes life easier...

MP

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
And this is why a dashcam is a brilliant £30 investment. Could save you hundreds/thousands in the long run if you have to make an insurance claim and avoid a "he said, she said" game.

I've had mine for a bit over 6 months and got over 100 videos of people doing stupid things.
Just bear in mind the most prosecuted from dash cams are their owners.
Camera? What camera? I don't know what you're talking about, Officer.

·
Registered
527 Posts
why the hell you all take this mobile diagnostics guy on is beyond me.. he's nothing but a troller likes to create a bit of a atmosphere on the forum with his dumb ass attitude ( i am always right ) bull crap

maybe a moderator or admin should be warning him about his attitude... i appreciate everyone is entitled to there opinion but on this occasion it is quite obvious that the OP was not at fault in anyway

but still tries to insinuate that he is / was in the wrong and totally over reacted

MD speaks to people like shite and always has some pathetic smug answer or comment

what is wrong with the admins on this site they dont seem to care or do anything

my 2p's worth

oh and FYI shane i can piss all over your 3 times more salary every day of the week...!!

get a life you looser

1 - 20 of 23 Posts