Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to talk ford

I have a mondeo mk4 2007 with a travelpilot nx sat nav.
Last week was driving the car and it just shut down, it had blown the radio fuse so replaced it but was still dead, removed radio to check fuse in the back and it was all good.
The wife has a ford smax 2009 with a Sony head unit, so pulled that out and plugged it in the mondeo and it worked.
So I have now bought the back half off a damaged unit and fitted my screen to it, it works fine but is asking on the bottom of the screen ( program identification ) has anyone else come across this before or does it need to be programmed .
That unit I have bought is from a 2008 model it’s about 6 months newer then the one removed from the car.
Any help would be much appreciated
thanks everyone.

· Registered
469 Posts
Ok, now i understand what you did. The reason for the weird message is that th graphicsboard, which is mounted behind the display, has a different firmware version than your mainboard mounted in the main case.
You have two options: 1. swap the graphicaboard with the one of your old device. 2. download the firmware-update-cd, burn it, put into lower DVD drive and do a firmware-update. After that firmware on mainboard and graphics card are equal and all displays fine again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts