Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
12 Ford Figo, very similar to 09 Fiesta if you don't know the Figo, it's more popular in UK, Middle East and Asia (India mostly/made in India).

1.6 L Duratec gasoline fuel.

The engine ripples between 2000-2500 rpm, and the engine light comes on, one or two time the car turned off when it comes to full stop, OBD-II reads P0303 & P0267, the P0303 about 3rd spark plug misfire and the P0267 fuel injector circuit low. What I have done already are; cleaning the injector, fuel tank and changing spark plugs. And what I have inspected already the coil pack, spark plug wires and the fuel injector signals, which all work just fine, good to mention that the coil pack give stronger spark on the second and forth port, where the first and third is a bit weaker, but what make me think there is no issue with it is the 3rd spark plug fouled with carbon (dry), as my experience it would be wet if there is anything wrong with the coil pack or the spark wires. The only thing left for me to check is the MAF but this model has MAP in very stupid location, it came to my mind that if there is something wrong with the MAP it would effect all the cylinders not only one of them, my guessing is to clean the throttle, I know there is no direct connection but if the coil pack sending weaker connection to first and third spark plug and the throttle sucking lower level of air to first and third cylinders that might make the situation of rich fuel burn and thats why the black fouled on the spark plug.

Am actually lost here and open for any suggestions.

Worth mentioning in Torque app reads the error code P0460 in grey am not sure if that only shows because of the existing issue and might narrow my search.
Also a quick history I had a small accident where I rammed the car front of me on very low speed (on red signal) hardly noticeable but the fuel security system shut the fuel flow, I only had to push the switch in to run the car again, also surprisingly the oil cab opened and the engine oil splashed all over the underhood I had to clean it all with chemical, then drove it couple of months with no issue till that start to happen.

Last thing, the car didn't lose any power except only when the engine ripples I have to press harder on the gas paddle to pick up the speed on the highway and that's not happening all the time usually it ripples little that you hardly feel it but continually between 2000-2500 rpm.

Appreciate any suggestion

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
i'd try a different coilpack, if you don't want to buy new, i imagine a breakers might have one as i'd imagine it is a tweaked version the same lump they were usung in 2000, so anything with a 1.6L gasoline engine (with ZETEC-SE on the camshaft cover) should be ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.