Ford Automobiles Forum banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Big Megger
3,044 Posts
Reactions: TreborB

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,458 Posts
Thank you Martin.

·
8 gears or more please
5,458 Posts
Just a heads up guys

At the moment, the majority opinion on FocusST Forum seems to suggest that you will still be able to access Etis in its current form if you just want vehicle details.

Only if you want stuff you have to pay for will you have to use the new program (s)

Quotes

"Afaik this only affects the paid for options, being able to log in and see software history, build lists, should be same as it is now.

The etis site isn't changing, it's just the diagnostics is switching to FDRS from the old system.

If you read the guide they link to, everything leading up to FDRS, logging in, finding a car is the same as we use now". Unquote.

I also tend to agree with the above but we will have to wait and see.

I am out of uk for 2 weeks from this Thursday and will only have my android phone with me, so I will try Etis, in its original form, when I return to my windows pc.

I only use it for looking up veh details, build, spec etc

·
I Love Diesel
2,215 Posts
I've been getting an error looking up vehicles since yesterday evening. I don't know if this is the start of something changing or just something broken. It's strange, because the vehicle features page does actually appear, but then seems to forward to an error page.

·
Big Megger
3,044 Posts
I've been getting an error looking up vehicles since yesterday evening. I don't know if this is the start of something changing or just something broken. It's strange, because the vehicle features page does actually appear, but then seems to forward to an error page.
I logged in on Friday and had to change my password. It still let me access the site after though. I'll try again tomorrow and see if it let's me access the normal functions.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

·
Big Megger
3,044 Posts
Mine still works fine.

·
I Love Diesel
2,215 Posts
I am still getting this message, but the address (after the @) is slightly different each time.

Attachments

·
8 gears or more please
5,458 Posts
Hello people. I am still not back to UK until Saturday to try on my pc.
Just tried etis on my android tablet and it works perfect.
Gives me all the full veh build detailed list.
Happy days, looks like etis will still do foc what 99% of us use it for

·
I Love Diesel
2,215 Posts
Worked ok at work today, but looks like it was on a different server or something. Still getting the error at home on this server:

Attachments

·
Registered
924 Posts
Worked ok at work today, but looks like it was on a different server or something. Still getting the error at home on this server:
Maybe a long shot but could it be possible that a cookie on your Home computer is taking you to the wrong server on an old link or bookmark?

I had a similar problem with another site I access, when it changed server I had to delete cookies and create new bookmarks to the new one even though the web address was the same. Have no clue why but it worked. I did also have to Log in again where previously i was automatically in everytime i accessed.

·
I Love Diesel
2,215 Posts
I think you are right! Tried it on Chrome and the server is different - and it works. Serves me right for having too many tabs open and too lazy to restart the browser. I always delete all my browsing history and cache when I close browsers (I'm paranoid like that).

Thanks.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think you are right! Tried it on Chrome and the server is different - and it works. Serves me right for having too many tabs open and too lazy to restart the browser. I always delete all my browsing history and cache when I close browsers (I'm paranoid like that).

Thanks.
I believe it is your Computers idea to save time when you regularly visit the same sites. It goes to a "last known" then updates it.

Glad it helped.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Im using Etis to check the VIN to get the full build spec on a car I may buy.

No problem with access, car info shown ok but nothing extra shows, e.g. Im trying to find out if it has adaptive/swivelling headlights etc.

I did this on my car a year ago and Im sure I got all the build info.

Any help appreciated!

·
8 gears or more please
5,458 Posts
ETIS changed quite some time back - when did you last update your sign in.

Sounds like you need to start again with a brand new registration (Ford/ETIS require lots more info now including a "business" name)

·
Big Megger
3,044 Posts
I'm registered on ETIS. Today i noticed that when you use the drop down box to look at the "minor features section" nothing happens. Has anyone else encountered this?

·
Big Megger
3,044 Posts
I'm registered on ETIS. Today i noticed that when you use the drop down box to look at the "minor features section" nothing happens. Has anyone else encountered this?
Have you tried searching for your car again, and not just clicking the last selected vehicle link?
Yes, I've done that, I've put several registration numbers in and it's the same result.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

·
8 gears or more please
5,458 Posts
Hi Martin,
Using windows 10 pc
Just tried three of my previous vehs, everyone starts with the drop down box already fully open.
Closed them up and they each open again fine

Reactions: tellmah
81 - 100 of 122 Posts