Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All your options and new colours now available to build....

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/NewFocus

have noticed the 1.5 TDCi 150PS diesel seems to be missing when building the TiT X.....its in the early release brochure i got sent.

just waiting on the new ST config update to arrive.

Reactions: Ghiafan

·
Focus Mk3 Moderator
2,216 Posts
have noticed the 1.5 TDCi 150PS diesel seems to be missing when building the TiT X
Have you maybe made a mistake there Iain?

As far as i know the maximum output of the 1.5 TDCi will be 120PS, but i believe there is a 2.0 TDCi with 150PS.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong, because im not completely sure myself. :)

·
Registered
593 Posts
I was looking at the configure for a Tit-X and noticed the 2.0tdci missing.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have noticed the 1.5 TDCi 150PS diesel seems to be missing when building the TiT X
Have you maybe made a mistake there Iain?

As far as i know the maximum output of the 1.5 TDCi will be 120PS, but i believe there is a 2.0 TDCi with 150PS.

Feel free to correct me if im wrong, because im not completely sure myself. :)
yes my good man, you are indeed right, rechecked the updated PDF brochure, 1.5 does 120PS and the 2.0 does the 150PS -- thats the only 2 diesel choices. pretty poor if you ask me, they will lose sales not having a more powerful offering. this EU emissions rubbish is annoying, stifling good engine choices.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes where are all the engine choices for tit x? Tectonic and magnetic metallic look the worst colours to me as well as the disgusting lunar sky!

I didn't know the chrome grill was only Titanium and above, black grill is awful

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thought the press release said there were going to be two blues.

·
Focus Mk3 Moderator
2,216 Posts
I didn't know the chrome grill was only Titanium and above,

black grill is awful
I hadnt realised this either, but playing about with the configurator i see you are correct.

I wouldnt say the black grille was awful though. I think it depends on the model......Zetec S for example would not look quite so good with the chrome slatted grille.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice to see them in the flesh so to speak, my local dealer doesn't get his 2 demo models until mid-week.

yes Magnetic colour looks good, wonder if it will be up to the Sea Grey standard. Always struck me as odd that the top of the range model (Ti X) doesn't get coloured coded skirts and body kit like the Zetec S, or least have it as an option.

i'm sure the keyless entry/power start was std on the orig MK3 TI X builds as the Appearance Pack, now its a £250 option, as well as an Appearance Pack 2 to add? as Ron said about the cruise control now std on new ST3, why do we have to add all these options to the top end model, it should be already kitted out with all the extras, door guards, premium stereo, appearance pack, heated wheel, etc, not rolled out as a Winter Pack to give heated seats, windows and steering wheel or other options!

·
Registered
593 Posts
A 2.0tdci 182bhp jacked up 4x4 version would be nice, something to compete with the Octavia Scout or Leon X-Perience

·
Registered
118 Posts
Zetec s is nice looking but only a 150ps engine is cack, titanium x spec almost the same as mine without a wheel option is like 2k more and about 5k more than what I actually paid, looks like the focus is no longer the good priced mid ranged family car.

·
Focus Mk3 Moderator
2,216 Posts
Zetec s is nice looking but only a 150ps engine is cack,

titanium x spec almost the same as mine without a wheel option is like 2k more and about 5k more than what I actually paid,

looks like the focus is no longer the good priced mid ranged family car.
Yes i thought it was curious of Ford to remove the most powerful engine in the standard range from the sporty model, and only have it available on Titanium X.

You say "almost the same as mine", but remember the car has been completely redesigned.

Theres nothing to suggest that the same level of previously available dealer discounts will not be available on the facelift model.

The generous Ford Credit deposit allowance is still available on all models except ST until 31st December. You can get £2934 off a Titanium X Navigator.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes its pretty lame you have to go for a Ti X to get the 182PS petrol engine, i think they will see their Zetec, Zetec S and Ti sales drop when all you can get is a 150PS engine. Well for those in the know.

send them a nice feedback form.......marketing research dept not doing its job again.

·
Focus Mk3 Moderator
2,216 Posts
To be fair though Iain, the 182PS engine was only ever available on Zetec S and Titanium X previously, with the maximum output for Zetec and Titanium being 125PS and 150PS respectively.

I still think it doesnt make sense to substitute the 182PS engine on Zetec S for 150PS, which means its only the bodykit that sets it apart from the Titanium.

They were previously priced the same with the different engines, but now with the same engine Titanium is £250 more expensive.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
If you look at the specs, there is only 0.3 seconds difference 0-60 and 0.2 seconds difference 30-60 between the 150PS and 182 PS.

They have exactly the same torque, but it should be a considerably lower insurance group.

The difference is noway near the same as for the 1.6 ecoboost, so I'm quite happy I'm getting 150 PS :)

Reactions: Ron240

·
Focus Mk3 Moderator
2,216 Posts
Thats very well spotted Alex....i had assumed the performance figures were the same for the 1.5 Ecoboost, but obviously not.

Top speed is the same but acceleration is slower as you say, with the 182PS taking a bigger hit.

The 1.5 182 PS now takes 8.6sec 0-62mph(same as 1.6 150 PS) compared with 7.9 for the previous 1.6 Ecoboost.

Looking closer i find that the 1.5 150 PS is actually 0.4 sec quicker in 4th gear from 31-62mph than the 1.6 150 PS, but the 1.5 182 PS is 0.3 sec slower than the 1.6 182 PS from 31-62mph.

The 1.5 is slightly better on fuel and a lower VED band, so its a case of horses for courses. :lol:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I reckon 8.6s 0-62 is a more accurate figure for the 1.6 182hp engine.I got nowhere near the 7.9s quoted by Ford. Even with the Bluefin remap I only got around 7.5s ish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts