Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive had the new filter on, drove the car back from ford and still have the jumps but not as bad.... looks like its a ecu reset.....

Last week a guy on here was asking about the price of filters..... i told him ford quoted me 31 + vat.... which was fitted....because thats what i asked for on the phone when booking the car in.... gets there today to pay.... the bill 69 quid..... i nearly wet my knickers.... there were nice about it tho....as i told them id asked on the phone how much it was, they said who ever quoted the price qouted parts only.... i did only pay the 31+ vat tho... lucky there...

Is this true?
While i was at ford i asked about restting the ecu, they said i couldnt do it cos it would need new software putting in aswell.....now me being me i just smiled cos i know from being on here loads of you have reset your ecu's... i know :stupid: but when it comes to money i'm on the ball.....then did say that if the jerking got to bad they could put it on the fault machine at 72.85 a hour..... :crazy:

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
trying to squeeze some cash out of you!

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
I've never done an ECU reset and I have no intention of doing it to my car. It runs fine although we'll see if it stays that way when I whack on a K&N kit.

TG, you think the stealer is just saying Julie needs an upgrade because they're scared if she goes and does it herself she may actually fix it? lol.

IMO I think they're just trying their luck seeing as it's a lady (expecting her not to be in the know...little do they know she has the awesome brain power that is MEG!) :)

·
MEG Corporal
1,048 Posts
I've never done an ECU reset and I have no intention of doing it to my car. It runs fine although we'll see if it stays that way when I whack on a K&N kit.

TG, you think the stealer is just saying Julie needs an upgrade because they're scared if she goes and does it herself she may actually fix it? lol.

IMO I think they're just trying their luck seeing as it's a lady (expecting her not to be in the know...little do they know she has the awesome brain power that is MEG!) :)

·
MEG Corporal
492 Posts
I remember when you told me it was costing £31,that it didn't seem bad for a Ford price,however if they had told you £69 I would have done it for a cup of coffee. :kaffeetrinker_2:

If it's still bad after the reset,give me a call again,and I'll sort out something with our mechanic. :naughty: :}

;) Darren

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Put simply (cause I am) there are two parts to the ECU, the mapping and the learning bit. Resetting the ECU just wipes the bits its learnt. What Ford would have been doing is a software update on the mapping (the bit which controls the parameters of the fuelling etc.). Might be a case that your car already has the most upto date software mapping on it anyway cause I dont know when Ford last did one for a TDDi anyway.

Reset the ECU yourself which will get it to re-learn according to the current setup of the car and it should improve things.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
derv said:

exactly :L :}

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.