Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everbody!!

I've already posted, but i just thought i'd say hello officially!

I've just got a Mk3 Zetec S 2.5 V6.................

Will be doing some mods starting next year............looking forward to chatting to you guys and learning some stuff. This is my first Mondeo, and with it i intend to learn alot about DIY modifying!! :crazy:

So hello! :woot:

Attachments

·
MEG Admiral
2,634 Posts
welcome mate :L

·
MEG Commander
2,955 Posts
[quote name=TDCi 160+]Yet another ZS!! These are sprouting up from everywhere recently! Very nice car, in a very nice colour! Click the link in my sig and post some piccies in the register! Welcome to MEG! :woot: [/quote]

makes up for the red one we recently lost :D

and welcome :L :L :L

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies chaps!

So onto some mod' questions!!

I'm totaly new to all this, and to be brutlly honest know very little about this kind of stuff. The first mod i shall make hopefully will be an induction kit, but it seems there aren't many around for the Mk3........and i'm not competant enough to adapt one........yet!!

Also this is purely cosmetic, but how easy is it to paint the calipers? Cos i'd like mine to be [color:red]RED[/color]. Also i'm thinking of upgrading the discs and pads, mine don't quite have the intial bite i like, can you recommend any?

So many questions!!

:D

·
Gavin T
9,191 Posts
thecuz said:
TDCi 160+ said:
Yet another ZS!! These are sprouting up from everywhere recently! Very nice car, in a very nice colour! Click the link in my sig and post some piccies in the register! Welcome to MEG! :woot:
makes up for the red one we recently lost :D

and welcome :L :L :L
Aye, was a sad moment removing Flashbastd's ZS from the register! :(

·
Man in a Jag
14,847 Posts
Hi and welcome.

First cosmetic mod should be replace the orange repeaters with clear ones - very cheap and a 2 minute job :L

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep i'm with you on that. Had a look round on Ebay, there's quite alot on there. Are they any good? And also how easy are they to fit?

I've a had aquick look on the car and the only possible way must be through the front wheel arch somehow is that correct? (told you i was a total newbie with all this!! :doh: )

·
Man in a Jag
14,847 Posts
Get them direct from Fords, or fordparts.co.uk. They should only set you back about £10 with the bulbs and will fit perfectly - some of the aftermarket ones arent too good.

Fitting them is easy - just a thin bit of plastic (credit card) in the top of the repeater and they pop out. Just be careful not to scratch your lovely paintwork, which you shouldnt and be careful not to drop the bulb holder into the wing when you take it out of the housing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.