Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Little Megger
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is doing my head in :mad:

Let me start from the begining its always been a bit poo at starting but from since i first had it it had got alot worse, primer pump was always slack would need to rev the crap out of it for it to start with nice white cloud of smoke but it would then run fine after this. So from reading up i felt that the primer pump was needing changing.

So bought a fitted new primer pump and also changed fuel filter but with all the new seals i couldn't work out where one of the smaller ones went so left it out (the old filter assembly didn't have it on either)So reasembled everything and pumped it up which was nice and firm now :laugh:

Started turning over and over and over and it would sometimes start then die instantly having put out a cloud of white smoke, made no diferrence putting my foot down or holding it on the starter a little longer just won't fire fully into life so i tried loosening the injectors and got 3 of them to spurt out fuel but the last one only kinder dribbled and it still won't start so now im lost :question:

Any idea's? anything would help because i feel like buring it at the moment :nahnah:
also sorry for long post :thumbup:

·
Little Megger
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok update on my situation
Me and the old man decided to take it all apart and start again, as we were taking it apart we found that fuel wasn't reaching the pump. So when we continued to disconnect the fuel pipes from the primer pump we found that we couldn't pump it at all.

so took it all apart and had a bit of an explosion with diesel spurting out everywhere. After taking it all apart we put it all back together and fully bleed the system, went to start it and hurah! it fired up and stalled but tried again and yes fired up and a bit of reving was ticking over nicely again.

So fingers crossed it is fixed now but we'll see when i try starting it tomorrow

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.