Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just joined the forum and returned to Ford after several frustrated years with Fiat!!!!!

I have a 2010 Ford Campervan, 2.2 with batteriy under drivers seat (engine) and passenger side (leisure battery/s).

I bought the van which had just been fitted with a brand new Varta F6 Black Diamond Battery, 90 amp 720A wrongly fitted to the leisure side, which I removed, and am now fitting 2 Banner 110v leisure batteries for extra lasting power, no problem, I think

Since the Varta battery is new I want to use it as the engine battery is old, and slightly down in power.
It is the right size physically to use as the engine battery, question-- is it too big Amp (90 amp) wise to use as the engine/starter battery as I am not sure of the correct normal size for this engine?

Thanks

·
Big Megger
3,079 Posts
Go to the Euro Car Parts site and enter your reg number and it will list the batteries suitable for your vehicle. Usually a larger capacity battery is ok - gives better starting - only constraint is the physical size - will it fit the battery box - in your case it is ok. Diesel engines are usually fitted with batteries with more amp hours rating.

·
Super Moderator
30,044 Posts
90 Amp will just take longer to charge, but on the other hand it will take longer to run

down if you leave the lights on or it wont start one dayt and needs cranking over

for a longer period.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts