Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
Nice one mate... let us know how you get on with the fitting & stuff, I've got Morettes to fit soon too :L

·
MEG Corporal
1,033 Posts
fitting morettes isnt hard. I fitted some to my mates fiesta. A handy tip I found was to buy some washers to bring the lights flush with the bodywork, looked loads better for it.
Love the morette light kits, really transforms the look of a car.

·
MEG Sergeant
2,062 Posts
wouldnt mind some for the mk2 i got.

very nice and good luck fitting them too.

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
panda said:
fitting morettes isnt hard. I fitted some to my mates fiesta. A handy tip I found was to buy some washers to bring the lights flush with the bodywork, looked loads better for it.
Love the morette light kits, really transforms the look of a car.
Ive got an icecrean tub full of washers and a jamjar full of them too. Thanks for the pointer :L

·
MEG Corporal
1,033 Posts
np, oh and sometimes i've found the connections can be dodgy, its a good idea to plug them in and test them just resting on the engine to make sure the plugs fit nice and snug. We fitted the morettes to my mates fiesta without testing them first to find out that the main beam wasnt working on one side and the sidelight was out on the other due to dodgy connections. We had to undo all of our hard work and start again.
Checking them before bolting them in will save you loads of time and agro if one is faulty :L

·
Premium Member
3,432 Posts
panda said:
np, oh and sometimes i've found the connections can be dodgy, its a good idea to plug them in and test them just resting on the engine to make sure the plugs fit nice and snug. We fitted the morettes to my mates fiesta without testing them first to find out that the main beam wasnt working on one side and the sidelight was out on the other due to dodgy connections. We had to undo all of our hard work and start again.
Checking them before bolting them in will save you loads of time and agro if one is faulty :L
I'll second that fitted mine spent ages getting them just right and one of my main beams didn't work so had to take it back out and one of the connections on the bulb had come off.. :L

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did check the main beam bulb connectors this morning and they were very loose where they connect onto the bulb holder, I squashed the spade connectors with pliars, Now they are a nice tight fit, I also altered the wiring so I get all 4 lights at full beam via a relay

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, Ive not done them yet, Been to cold and ive had to go xmas shopping, Hopefully gonna do them in the next few days

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.