Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Megger
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i get a decent supercharger for the 2.5 v6? also thinking of nitrous maybe but not sure about what is best for the car. let me know chaps! :evil:

·
ACDC
10,587 Posts
vortech did make a sc for the v6 but had reliabilty issues and i dont think they do a kit for the mondeo (contour) any more. another name i've seen crop up on CEG is thomas knight and again from what i have read also suffers from reliability issues (bearings). both are centrifugal types one belt driven the other by a shaft.maybe ask on the CEG forum for advice??

·
Big Megger
300 Posts
The reliability of the vortech kit wasnt with the supercharger itself but with its drive system. That system was changed from a spline drive to a pin drive (similar to what most screw type chargers use). Still as has already been said the kit has been withdrawn due to the cost to vortech for the modifications. This is the s/charger that i use.

·
Megger
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right that explains why i cant find one anywhere then. have either of you dabbled with nitrous oxide?

·
Megger
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well true, basically at the moment my car is very un-tuned in my eyes and probably yours, it has a JWR stainless twin exhaust, janspeed de-cat pipe, Bomz induction kit, (i ordered a collins power chip too) it has uprated shocks and springs but im not sure of the make. i know next im going to upgrade the brakes all being well. but after that i want to get some more power in to it. so if you guys can think of any other mods that i can do other than supercharging (which looks unlikely now) then i would really appreciate your feedback! also i am stripping the interior to get rid of some of its weight!

·
ACDC
10,587 Posts
mondeoman1979 said:
wiil a kit fit the 1.8ltr MK1 mondeo :L
if you mean a sc kit then i would say yes if the externals are the same as a 2 ltr, ie inlet manifold, alternator mounts and stuff. some modding needed and is not a straight forward bolt on as the black top zetecs. pt percybigun. i know he had to have a spacer made to lift the sc casing a bit and had issues with the sc idler pulley i believe. you'll also need a focus fuel rail + iac valve for starters.as i said pt percy he can tell you whats required

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.