Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The never ending project is close to finishing
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am really considering some nitrous on the Mondeo TD, Whats involed? Has anybody done it before? Will it work safely? Any help welcomed with open arms :L

·
Turbo Boost Me!
1,018 Posts
From what I have read, It works better on a diesel engine than a petrol engine, Thats all I really know

·
The never ending project is close to finishing
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been told i require dry shot kit, looking in the states as kits are approx £215.00 including bottle, hell of alot more expensive over here

·
Glen
4,110 Posts
you can also inject lpg - similar result (not quite as spectacular) but you can do this alongside N2O...

·
MEG Colonel
5,987 Posts
the problem with american kits is the bottle

the UK bottles have the Pie stamp which the american bottles dont, alot of uk bottle filling stations wont fill it with out the Pie mark

as for which kit to use you'll need the dry kit as the diesels dont require the extra fuel injected like the petrol versions

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
squelch said:
the problem with american kits is the bottle

the UK bottles have the Pie stamp which the american bottles dont, alot of uk bottle filling stations wont fill it with out the Pie mark

as for which kit to use you'll need the dry kit as the diesels dont require the extra fuel injected like the petrol versions
How does Injecting N20 differ in Diesel to Petrol. Thinking of hiking my power up and i was looking into LPG but i think i found out that because the TD is Indirect Injection LPG wont work.

jcth1

·
Thinks maths is an alcoholic drink.
3,884 Posts
Am I right in assuming it's because of the compression ratio of a diesel?

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
willpot said:
Lpg not very effective like you say, but propane rules on a td!!
Really. Now that might be worth putting on my Fiesta TD project lol.

That would give some petrols a run for there money lol

jcth1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.