Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I have a problem with my Mondeo boot. Its very noisy!!

I have a rattle and squeak.... It seems to be helped (not fixed) by putting some padding between the surround and the boot lid itself...

I would really appreicate some advice!

Ta

Stu

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
Is it a metallic type rattle? The lock mechanism may need adjusting, remove the trim along the bottom of the boot edge and loosen the 2 mounting bolts and move the lock latch downward a couple of mm and retighten the bolts, this means the latch is now clamping the boot slightly tighter shut and can stop rattles from the lock mechanism.

Steve

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
is it a mk 1? if so they suffer form a problem with the locking mechanism, my one rattled really bad, i stripped it down. coated it in grease inside and really tightened it up and all was ok :L

·
Registered
790 Posts
it's all the plastic around the window. wrap some lecy tape aound the latch on the boot. then it will close that bit tigher.

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
stevedohc16v said:
Is it a metallic type rattle? The lock mechanism may need adjusting, remove the trim along the bottom of the boot edge and loosen the 2 mounting bolts and move the lock latch downward a couple of mm and retighten the bolts, this means the latch is now clamping the boot slightly tighter shut and can stop rattles from the lock mechanism.

Steve
i had to do the same , it would rattle etc due to the catch for the boot being to high , just undone the 2 bolts , lowered it and is nice and tight :L

·
Little Megger
13 Posts
Had a similar prob on my mk3 hatch kept rattling no matter how much i adjusted the catch. :( turned out to the hatch rubbers,they are riveted on and every time i went over bumps they would rattle and crack.drilled out the rivets put a thin piece of rubber between hatch rubber and body and refitted rubbers with nut and bolt, quiet has been restored...might be worth a look :D

·
Ex-Ford owner
852 Posts
I had a squeak everytime I went over a bump, was worse on warm days... after lots of tinkering with the latch and parcel shelf etc I finally narrowed it down to the two bolts either side that hold the bumper on. Tightened both of them and the squeak disappeared.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All

Thanks for that, that sort of helped.... Still not perfect. A lot more squeaking than rattling now....

Any thoughts?

Ta

Stu

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
i also have this annoying squeek when i go over bumps u can hear it, i think its my parcell shelf when i take it off lets say to carry something like a tv it doesnt do the noise but when i put it back on it does, im gonna see if i put some foam bits on where the shelfs two bolt things rest and see if that stops the noise, will let u know how i get on :L

1 - 11 of 11 Posts