Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the clutch replaced about 5000miles ago,

also the release bearing/slave cylinder.

pulls fine but in 1st gear i am starting to get a noise from the box when pulling away.

sounds like release bearing,does a screech sound of noise.

not there everytime just now and again but allways 1st gear.

thought it may be the exhaust flexing but definatly box.

so could the new clutch be bedding in or is she wrong?

many thanks :L

·
Registered
117 Posts
well...that sound like something I am starting to hear on my gearbox. I did not replace cluch since new and it is done 80 K now. When cluch depressed I can hear bearing (just). Wonder if I should worry yet?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
sounds wrong to me , if it was only 5000 miles ago then i would be going back to where i got it fitted , assuming that you didnt fit it yourself of course :whistling:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fully paid up job with a recipt.

Think it was LUK products

It seems if i let the clutch out to a certain point then i can keep the noise there in the box,

basically just on the biting point

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
might not be the release bearing , it might be the gearbox input shaft bearing :sad:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought of that,

what do you think of this as an idea

possible dust on the shaft so

what about pulling the rubber cover open on the box where the fluid pipe goes and spraying insode the box with brake cleaner?

possible if dust then it may be a solution?

what do ya reckon?

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
if it is a momentum squeak in first at byting point have you thought about any suspension bush,
rear torque restrictor, or eng/gb mount?
they can be upset upon clutch change, especially if need replacement anyway.
(i don't think you can get to the gb inputshaft splines through the hydrolics cover, the bearing's face should be quite close to the pressure plate spring fingers, and on other hand there is high temp grease which had to be applyed there anyway)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Havent rearly thought of that,

the noise is definatly box,last night when i pulled in my drive as its on a slight incline i could get the noise there constantly

basically if i let the clutch out just a fraction before biting point it starts and it will stay if i hold it just a fraction more and its gone,

seems to do it when theres weight in the car as well but allways just before or very fractionally on the biting point,

it doesnt slip at all and feels ok,

dont know if the above helps any more

But the rear torque restrictor is worn as i can see cracks in the rubber so maybe change that and see if that cures it?

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
so the noise is definitely related to the engine speed?

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
check all rubber stuff and suspension ball joints all around. might be not obvious at first look that's why the garages can't diagnose it. give it some time to deteriorate further after close inspection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.