Ford Automobiles Forum banner

non fault accident

630 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  mondy zetecs 
#1 ·
This month i was hit by another car pulling out from a side road on my near side.

His insurance is sorting the damage out to my car so it is back to how it was before they hit me.

i have to tell my own insurance about it, which i'm ok with.

Now what gets my back up is when it come to renewing my insurance this incident will put the cost up.

As insurance companys work on a risk basis calculation. So as i have been involved in one accident i am more likely to have another.

This is so not fair, and i think the other persons insurance should cover the extra cost for the next 5 years to be added to the claim.

As i thought the idea of insurance was to put the TP back to where they were before the accident at no lost to them.

You use any of the car insurance websites and get 2 quotes, one without and one with a non fault and see how much it go's up by.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Martin,

Agree, the situation you will be in, through no fault whatsoever of your own, is not fair.

Only thing I can suggest, if you have the optional Legal Protection on your policy, maybe give them a ring for guidance.

I am with e sure on full no claim bonus (unprotected). I do note that in event of accident I do only lose a small percentage of total no claim bonus I have.

However, losing any, when it is not your fault is deffo unfair

#3 ·
Not long after passing my test I ran into the back of an old guy at fairly good pace, although not much damage done it was entirely my fault as I was looking right at the island and not infront of me. His insurance went up by £70 even though I accepted liability so I made a bacs payment for £70 into his account just out of guilt. He was reasonable, he didn't make any personal injury claims

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not long after passing my test I ran into the back of an old guy at fairly good pace, although not much damage done it was entirely my fault as I was looking right at the island and not infront of me. His insurance went up by £70 even though I accepted liability so I made a bacs payment for £70 into his account just out of guilt. He was reasonable, he didn't make any personal injury claims
That was very good of you to pay the £70.

My mondeo insurance it due in August and i'm now dreading it with the mods i have on the car. I can see the insurance company taking advantage of me now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.