Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys new to the forum and would love some help.

A week ago I went to jump into the car and it would not crank, I suspected low battery so put some jump leads on and still nothing.

Since then I have checked all fuses and relays, checked the there is a good engine earth, replaced Switch & starting motor and still noting.

I was so lost I called RAC out and they told me it was crank sensor, I was mythed by this but replaced it anyway and still nothing.

Is there anything else it could be that I am missing?

I trained as a mechanic 16 years ago and I am extremely lost.

Any advice on what to do next would be much appreciated, Oh i am only getting 0.06v to the starter terminal but the live is at 13.26v and battery is at 13.26v .

· Registered
19 Posts
Hi guys new to the forum and would love some help.

A week ago I went to jump into the car and it would not crank, I suspected low battery so put some jump leads on and still nothing.

Since then I have checked all fuses and relays, checked the there is a good engine earth, replaced Switch & starting motor and still noting.

I was so lost I called RAC out and they told me it was crank sensor, I was mythed by this but replaced it anyway and still nothing.

Is there anything else it could be that I am missing?

I trained as a mechanic 16 years ago and I am extremely lost.

Any advice on what to do next would be much appreciated, Oh i am only getting 0.06v to the starter terminal but the live is at 13.26v and battery is at 13.26v .
hi,this has happened to my daughters 2,0l 08 petrol s max,and we are stumped,tried everything as you have even engine sensors,no faults showing on dash ,so did you solve it at all ?,.

· Registered
2013 Mondeo Titanium X Sport Ecoboost
407 Posts
I would be very dubious if a RAC 'mechanic' told me that my car wasn't starting due to a crank sensor - especially with your 16 years experience.
Never heard such nonsense.
Think it through. In order to get a signal from the crank position sensor the engine must be turning, no?
Fuses, Realys or Immobiliser would be my first points of enquiry.
Do you get any warnings on the dash?
Failing that, it could be a failed solenoid on the starter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts