1,069 Posts
flash in macro mode is need in this sort of photo

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KETTERSUK said:
oh dear mate you gone an blown up the mg now
ermm looks like it mate, i only planned to fit the race head i had built. the car believe it onr not was running as sweet as, so to remove the head and find that was a bit off a shock.

new pistons and conrods (fordged) to fit next week then, to match the head cams billet crank pully i got already.

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
sorry to see that mate , hope you get it fixed soon so you are back on the road ;)

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Any idea of what caused the damage? or is it just a dodgy piston?..

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers mondyman, we'll be back, stronger than ever lol.

Mal, just looks like a dodge piston, could have been caused by a leaky valve hard to say real. the bores are un damaged, must off happened very recently. the valve on that psiton are very gunked up. may have ago at cleaning it up abit and keep it as a spare head.

at least the head gasket was ok tho lol.

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
so are you going to replace the pistions mate and do a couple of extra tricks to make that crazy thing push out even more BHP ;)

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well not more bhp just yet, but the forged pistons, piston ring, and conrods will spin up alot faster, and will take more punishment. when the head is back on i should be in the region of 180bhp. and make her ready for the emerald ecu. the supercharger will have to wait tho, i was on tight budget, but my other plans for this outlay shall have to wait.

i need bigger brake too now really.

·
MEG Captain
3,040 Posts
probably better you have seen it now than later though
more expense but it will be stronger in the long run

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MONDYMANv6 said:
will it cost a lot to fit a new lump Vs getting your fixed.
not as much more as you might think, the engine transplant is alot easier than stripping the car appart and fitting anew engine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts