Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Megger
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an auto electrician to fit an oil pressure gauge. Everything was working ok apart from the gauge illumination. I was advised to change it for another gauge if i wanted lights, and just plug the new gauge into the corresponding wires. A few weeks later, i got the new gauge and wired it up. Everything seemed to be working ok including the illumination. The only thing that looks wrong is that when the ignition is turned on, the gauge needle shoots up to read 100psi, then when the engine starts, it moves down to the middle around 60psi. when the engine is revved it reads down the gauge rather than reading up. Ive swapped the positive and negative wires, but that didnt work. I now think I may need to change the sender unit as the existing one on the engine is from the old gauge. Has anyone got any other ideas?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
is there only one connection on the sender or two , i would have thought if it worked wrong one way round then swapping the connections over would make it work the right way :blush:

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
and that goes to the gauge , then there should be an earth from the gauge to ground , if that doesnt work right then i wonder if it is a batch of gauges that have been made wrong , it does happen :shifty:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.