Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Opinions Please!

927 views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  gaz812uk 
#1 ·
Did a switch in Carbon Fiber Vinyl. tinkering with the idea of the whole dash in this. Opinions???

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
You've got more patients than me. And I'm pretty patient lol

Looks good. I'd say go for it and do all the dash panels :L :first:

#4 ·
The biggest key point to it is to use some water with a bit of washing soap in it. This keeps it from setting directly on contact. It gives you a bit of time to set it right. Also, a hair dryer or heat gun does wonders to soften the vinyl and give it a bit of stretch. As for working with it, as long as you go slowly, the curves aren't that big of a problem.
Cheers,

#5 ·
i did a bike for someone a couple of years ago, and i used a scalpel as opposed to stanley knife and it was easier to cut because you have more control over it, you can get them off ebay for about £4 delivered for 10, but if you only want 1 pt me your addy and ill send ya one :L

#12 ·
Looks good on one switch, but i think it might be a tad overkill if you do the whole dash with it.

Couldnt you just do all the removable switches rather than all the surrounds.

#17 ·
TheDude said:
Looking good m8 :)

Anybody ever seen one of these in a car?:

Dash kit
Yes, and they look terible fitted. They're too stiff (ooeer) and dont bend round the curves. Ford actuall do a kit like that for wood effect! It's pants. Much better to do the vinyl. I trimmed the ash tray in my old Mk2 in carbon fibre effect vinyl to match the ST200 speedo surround and door inserts

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.