Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Christmas prezzie to myself this year was a little bit of ICE to replace my old stuff.

I switched out my old Aiwa head unit for A Pioneer P4800 plus an iPod contoller (makes the head unit think the iPod is a multi CD changer)

Then switched the stock ford speakers for Pioneer 3way 6x8s:

And while I had the door cards off, I finally got around to putting the chrome door pulls on. Still haven't done the rear doors yet though.

Attachments

·
Big Megger
202 Posts
nice mate. do 6x9s fit in the doors because i think my rear door ones have been taken out. cos i notice you said 6x8s but its normally 6x9s. if so il just do what youve done instead of standard ford ones

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't think so, thats why I had to get 6x8s. I think you can make 5x7s fit in there, but your much better off getting the right size.

Pioneer were the best I could find within a budget (mine were £35)

·
Fail faced tartan chodder
13,734 Posts
6x9s do fit but you may need a spacer. Ive fitted them twice with no probs

·
Fail faced tartan chodder
13,734 Posts
paulmlpss said:
what a spacer so the speaker sticks out more so the window doesnt hit the magnet?
You betcha :thumbup:

·
Resident Old Fart !
7,070 Posts
Nice one :L i am about to fit 4 pioneer speakers in mine to upgrade since i fitted my Pioneer head unit .. nice to see how they fit ;)

·
MEG Sergeant
2,062 Posts
where cheapest place for 6x8's??

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
6x9`s do fit no probs. you can get small magnet varients of the 6x9 and its hard work finding them. i have kenwood blue 6x8`s in mine and are straight swap. the 6x9`s are a PITA for rear doors though. bit of work needed in there for them to fit nice.

Dan :L

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
No point putting 6x9s in doors unless you seal the door cavity off, and even then they won't work to their best IMO...

·
My real name is Amy
5,908 Posts
i have those pioneers 6x8s ive put them in the back but thay dont kick out a lot of power.wonderin if the standard wire aint good enuff for them...what is your oppinion of them are you usin standard wire?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.