Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Megger
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there av got a mk1 mondeo v6 it has this problem that to me sounds like it is over fueling the exhaust stinks, like runing very rich wont idle when this problem is not there.but when it does occur has no power uses loads of fuel. the exhausts are normally claer are all sooted up to the extent that the bumper is covered in soot to any ideas. could this b a map sensor,or and when it runs rough the fan is permantley on even though the car is not warm thanx.

·
Megger
70 Posts
first of all change the tempsender to ECU (this controlls the fan) , then check lambda (that cables are intact) , then try to disconnect the cable to MAF and see if problem dissapears if not check for cracks in exhaust mainfold to see that is not sucking in air and fooling the lambda. Also check injectors , could be packed up with s*it and give probbs. Also try blocking EGR if you have one. Good luck

·
MEG Admiral
3,112 Posts
Stuie V6 I am having the same problem with mine. Changed the air inlet pipe for an anti moose pipe and that sorted the sluggish power problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.