Ford Automobiles Forum banner

OWNERS HANDBOOK

777 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Steve_v6 
#1 ·
Hi out there, I have just purchased a 2006 Mondeo 2.0 LX auto It came without a hand book and i am having trouble working out some of the various switches, how do I work the main beam headlights and the cruise control. are the screen washers heated ? etc etc. If anyone has a spare copy of the hand book or can copy me the relevant pages that relate to the instruments I would be most grateful. Ford want E24 for a copy of the handbook . Thanks everyone

Geoff Allen

#3 · (Edited)
Main beam is pull on pull off on the indicator stalk, light pull to momentarily light them to flash your lights and pull all the way to latch them on and pull all the way again to turn them off.

washer jets are heated on mine, its a Ghia X, not 100% if lower spec models are also heated but would have thought so.

Cruise control press + once to set current speed, hold it to increase speed till you reach desired speed or press momentarily to make 1mph increases, the same applies to - but will decrease speed.

Touching the brake or clutch will disengage Cruise control, RES will disengage it and pressing it again will re-engage and recall the last set speed and bring the car back to it.

increasing speed with throttle pedal will not affect cruise control, once you lift off the throttle the car will decrease speed till it reaches the set speed and maintain that again.

On and Off are self explanatory.

#4 ·
Cruise control can be confusing if you don't know how to use it, as pressing "On" doesn't appear to do anything until you press the "Set" button. Then it's activated and you get the symbol in the LCD display.

#5 ·
I cant even remember if i have to use on/off on mine, im on autopilot when im using it, ill have to try it and see lol.

Cruise control saves me fuel when im on a run to places like skating, if i set it and sit back i can happily cruise along with my system cranked up controlling my distance from the car in front on the buttons but off of cruise i cant help but go on the offensive and overtake everything in sight and you know how fast that fuel gauge can drop when we are ragging it ha ha!

Mine has been at its 141mph max speed numerous times, you been brave enough to hit your 155mph or do you behave?
Never understood why the 2.5 V6 got the 150mph speedo and not the same one as the ST, at 141mph the over read takes it off the clock and is pointing to roughly 152!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.