Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a moment a short while ago got a totally inappropriate vehicle for the mileage I do (50 miles a week) L322 range rover. end up doing more damage to the car on that sort of mileage so its got to go.

Always like the P100 found a reasonable one on ebay £750 home and dry

Crashed into it over the past nine days taking the flatbed off, finding a surprisingly good chassis, replaced a couple of brake pipes done about everything that could be done on the underside a shed load of welding to the flatbed and a couple of patches on chassis plus loads of cleaning back and oiling.

The rest can be done from outside

a look in the engine bay found plenty of cobwebs no rust on chassis or suspension and a glimmer of hope new fan belts and cam belt fitted back when it was left in 2012

it didn't start from the seems of things so abandoned. Turned it over by hand everything lined up ok, new glow plugs and battery and she was away 3rd go.

flatbed is back on

maybe by the end of the month it will be back on the road rat rod stylyee for the mo

Loads of welding on the flat bed is it worth it or is it time for a custom flatbed?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On a short drive found 5th gear missing was going to whip it out and have a look to find out if it was an easy fix and then found it had also blown its head gasket.

had already sourced a 2.0dohc as a thought

Now its a reality and sitting on the engine mounts

loads to do now and some problems to solve

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,259 Posts
I think you should drop a stupidly fast engine in it. Something like a supra

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Hi

Worth checking if rear diff ratios are different on Petrol and Diesel versions.

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts