Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just got this car and has yellow malfunction light code read was the above p244c-00
im going to test an try to diagnose why failed to regen due to not enough heat:

1.fuse(s) have checked number 9 in engine bay, theres some info online about testing from relay How to Diagnose & Test Ford Fuel Vaporizer System Fully- P244C P2463 P246B P246C P26A1 - Bing video
3.take vapourisor out see if its blocked.
4 check temp/lambda sensors pre cat post cat?
5 check fuel lines to vapourisor
try to force regen forscan when it arrives and monitor readings led to believe could be temp sensor faulty
in the mean time try to get it hot on motorway runs weekly.
i notice theres no smoke at all
it drives nice smooth pulls well
economy is 35mpg city much more on a run
possibly small amount smog driving mway 3/4k revs trying to get it hot.hopefully this is burning dpf soot.

thanks for any input
ive been searching locally to source whole new unit ( vapourisor ) havnt found alot yet cant even find a ford parts and will probably attempt breaker yard for used one, is there anywhere i can look at part number as ford site is terrrible?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
phoned ford today for price 293.74 + vat hahahah they wouldnt give me the part number theyre manager told them not too priced glow plug at 45 quid hopefully its just a fuse lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
going to trial swapping relay see if i get different code just which one is vapourisor
Fuse information
F1 – 10A – Transmission control module;
F2 – 5A – [Diesel engines] Glow plug monitoring, [1.6 Duratec-16V Ti-VCT] Degas valve;
F3 – 80A – [2.3 Duratec-HE for the Middle East countries] Engine cooling fan - twin, [2.0 Duratorq-TDCi] electro-hydraulic power-assisted steering (EHPAS);
F4 – 60A – Glow plugs;
F5 – 60A – Engine cooling fan - single;
F6 – 10A – HEGO/Lambda sensors 1 (engine management), variable valve timing (engine management);
F7 – 5A – Relay coils;
F8 – 10A – Powertrain control module ECR;
F9 – – Not used;
F10 – 10A – Engine control module;
F11 – 10A – Valves, MAF control (engine management);
F12 – 10A – [Diesel engines] Water in fuel sensor, coils, MAF (engine management);
F13 – 15A – Air conditioning relay;
F14 – 15A – Diesel filter heater;
F15 – 40A – Starter relay;
F16 – 80A – Diesel auxiliary heater (PTC);
F17 – 60A – Central fuse box supply A;
F18 – 60A – Central fuse box supply B;
F19 – 60A – Rear fuse box supply C;
F20 – 60A – Rear fuse box supply D;
F21 – – Not used;
F22 – 30A – Windscreen wiper module;
F23 – 25A or 30A – Heated rear window (replace with the same A rating as the one removed);
F24 – 30A – Headlamp washer;
F25 – 30A – ABS valves;
F26 – 40A – ABS pump;
F27 – 30A – Fuel fired heater;
F28 – 40A – Heater blower;
F29 – – Not used;
F30 – – Not used;
F31 – 15A – Horn;
F32 – – Not used;
F33 – 5A – Light switch module, engine compartment fuse box coils;
F34 – 40A – Heated windscreen, LH side;
F35 – 40A – Heated windscreen, RH side;
F36 – 5A – Anti-lock Braking System (ABS);
F37 – 10A – Heated front washer jets;
F38 – 5A – Adaptive cruise control (ACC);
F39 – 15A – Adaptive front lighting system (AFS);
F40 – – Not used;
F41 – 20A – Instrument panel (15 feed);
F42 – 10A – Engine control module, transmission control module, Electro-hydraulic power-assisted steering (EHPAS) (15 feed);
F43 – 5A – Headlamp levelling, adaptive front lighting system (AFS) (15 feed);
F44 – 20A – [2.5 Duratec-ST] Vacuum pump (15 feed);
F45 – 15A – Rear window wiper (15 feed)

R1 – Starter relay;
R2 – PCM relay
R3 – Air conditioning clutch relay
R4 – [Diesel engines] Glow plug relay, [1.6 Duratec-16V Ti-VCT] Degas valve;
R5 – Cooling fan relay;
R6 – Heated windscreen relay;
R7 – 15 relay;
R8 – Windscreen wiper intermittent wipe relay;
R9 – Horn relay;
R10 – Headlamp washer pump relay;
R11 – Windscreen wiper on/off relay;
R12 – Auto Trans Startlock relay.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
F9, F4, F2 and K367 all need to be in place for it to work on a 2.0/2.2 TDCi

Is the diagram you're showing for your specific vehicle? The fuse layout depends on the specific build.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive managed to test the glow plug from underneath and am getting 1.3 ohms of resistance from the wires my multimeter apears to have .3ohms of resistance in the leads.
Ive also tried to use foot pump to blow through the fuel line from the fuel line (appears to be blocked vapourisor).
unfortunatley snapped one of the connectors from the mini fuel pump plug in a nd play hoses :( probably just replace small pipe with new one
deisel was very dirty coming out the line
im going to attempt to disconnect the vapourisor tommorow when i get a 22mm spanner..
soaked in wd40 today hopefully will come out :S
tempted to buy blow tourch heat gun to heat anything rusted on ie plate restricting access to vapourisor & the vapourisor nut.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks like i now need a 4mm elbowed fuel quick release connector, pipe appears to be 6mm outer circ inner 4mm with 8mm quick release connectors either end

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cant find anything specific for the above very small fuel line 4mm inner diameter 6mm outer anything larger and probably have a rocket ship direct injectt to exhaust lol. Seems like a motorcycle part or they just made 7.97x 8mm quick release connector fit the very small pipe, I'd rather xpect it to be heat resistant also due to location next to hot exhaust.
Any ideas as to sizes or part number can't find nowt.
Will try ford tommorow probably 50 quid for £3 connector £3 quid hose.....

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts
Only one fuel pipe to the vaporizer. 2 wires one to the glowplug (red) and (black) to the feed pipe as an earth
point away from the heat of the glowplug.

The one marked with an orange dot.

Auto part Technology Electronic device Cable Composite material

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The fuel feed pipe you see in your image is fed from the pipe I snapped, it's a single pipe around 15cm long with bends and attached one end to what appears to be a small pump male end hidden behind chassis to the fuel vapourisors pipe fuel male end. It has female quick connectors either end. Plug in and play

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
well managed to get the vaporiser off today and its pressurising via fuel line with a foot pump up to 40psi then slowly dropping.
I tried squirting some wd40 down the fuel line then tried to force air through and has blocked itself further gonna leave in wd40 overnight and try again the morning.
i suspect i have to take glow plug out to clean thoroughly.
I was also suspecting the mini fuel pump to be faulty will try 12v on it tomorrow.
any tips greatly apreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts
Not sure WD40 is the stuff you need, something to breakdown the greasy oil/carbon deposits. Engine degreaser
or brake cleaner? Or even washing up liquid or clothes washing powder.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts