Ford Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not sure WD40 is the stuff you need, something to breakdown the greasy oil/carbon deposits. Engine degreaser
or brake cleaner? Or even washing up liquid or clothes washing powder.
its gonna have to be for tonight failing that im tempted to heat it with blow tourch tommorow and whack it!!
maybe i can source one locally scrappy or 1.8tdci is being broke near by
am tempted to drill the back end and tap with bolt for access but unsure as to length of glow plug?

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts
Guessing your DPF loads may have hit the 300% max figures.

hat I did was...
Get the engine nice and warm and then find a nice quiet dual carriageway. parked up engine off and
reset all the DPF values to 0. Then I started the engine and drove off.. DPF figures started to climb, when
it reached around 80% it started a regen. I could see the exhaust temperature reach over 600ºC.

Couple of miles and the exhaust temp dropped and the DPF figure was around 30 (ish)? It has regenned
on its own since and is now less than 30%.

The vapourizer on mine was OK it just randomly decided not to regen, resetting all dpf values cured it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
so back to square one, upon checking the part worn vaporiser I noticed it wasn't blocked completely like my old one and thought oh well maybe that's how its supposed to be....so installed it.

Got engine hot & cleared error codes
exhaust temps got to 490 degrees bank1 and 570 degrees bank 2 failed regen.... not sure what else I'm looking for but i did notice soot levels were mid 30's and after run was maybe below 30%,
also I'm not sure but will check wiring plug harness in case has came loose...due to another code flagging p269f
and another p246b

also when i came to idle the exhaust was making some popping noises etc and revs fluctuated a bit until moving along
:(
(n)
however it looks like I'm going to have to remove vaporiser again.
looks like its partially blocked as shown in the video post 1- dropped a bollock there....
think i need to remove the glow plug, I've read its sealed with solder so needs heated to remove it >?
looks like I also need some kind of high temp solder now anyone done this?? ie replaced glow plug or opened vaporiser up to clean?

·
Super Moderator
30,019 Posts
That is not hot enough, should be over 600ºC.

Time and effort may cost you more than a new one in the end. :(

21 - 31 of 31 Posts