Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Parking Aid

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Grumpyaxeswinger 
#1 ·
I have Mk5 Mondeo 2.0l diesel Titanium. In the owner's manual it's announced there is parking aid, visualised on the dashboard when reversing. But in the driver assist options on the dash this is not only disabled, but missing at all. Now I can hear only beeps while park the car. Is it anything can be done in this case?

#3 · (Edited)
Hi

I believe the visual display is on models equipped with the rear facing camera, which is also listed in manual under Parking Aids. Illustrated Distance Indicator is superimposed over screen display.

There are system settings available for camera, do you have any settings in the menus for Park Assist?

Peter

#4 ·
I can't remember if all Mk5 specs have a rear camera.
If you have a rear camera when you select reverse your sat nav screen should show what is behind the car.
It will also show you "guide lines" that move when you turn the st wheel - these guide lines can be turned off in the menu system and you can also set it so rear camera stays on when you initially go forward/select forward gear for a few seconds.
I think I am right, but it is a awhile since I sold my Mk5 Ford

PS, note that there is also a separate system on some models where the vehicle can park itself

#6 ·
Yes, I have jusst had a refresh by looking at my original Ford Spec Brochures
The Mk5 Mondeo was a pain in the neck compared to the Mk4.5, nearly everything on the Mk5 was a separate order option. Even if you ordered a bodykit (like I did) the boot spoiler did not come with it. The Spoiler was separate.
The rear view camera was only available with front and rear parking sensors on the Zetec, or part of the Active Park Assist option on the Titanium upwards.
So, the OP needs to do a simple check - if he has no rear camera, end of story.
If it has a rear camera, when he selects reverse a picture of what is behind the veh will show on the sat nav screen, or if nothing, there is something wrong. Likewise, whether it shows yellow/red guidelines in the picture will depend on the menu settings

#8 ·
That's interesting axeswinger. Looks like my memories of the Mk5 are not spot on.
So, if the OP has just parking sensors (but no camera) he should still get the graphics you describe on the sat nav screen

#12 ·
Hi Grumpy

As your car is 2017 is this a Sync 3 unit. With this system Navigation is optional.

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.