Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have the 2001 Mondeo LX 1.8 petrol and I just wanted to seek your opinion on why my parking lights aren't turning on, i.e. the anticlockwise P position on the light switch (engine off, key out). I presume this position is meant to light the sidelight bulbs, (little ones in headlamp unit under indicators?) but nothing happens.

These bulbs light at position one turning the light switch clockwise, so I know the bulbs are ok. All other bulbs front and rear are lighting. I've checked all the fuses in both fuse boxes and they're all fine too. Is it just likely to be a faulty switch as I can't figure out what else it might be?

Thanks for your attention.

Tom.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Oldhammer,

Thanks for the quick reply. No, it's the original switch, no dimmer on it. I think a faulty switch might be the cause as I've checked the relevant fuses with a multimeter and they're all ok. Is there any way to check the switch out of the car?

·
mr grumpy
721 Posts
Edit: doh..
Just re-read & noticed you've got a multi-meter..

I'd guess you'd have to take 'switch out & work out..the pin outs for the parking lights..and test.

Never tested one so I wouldn't know what the pin outs are on them..
You wouid have to play about & work out what's what..sorry

·
Super Moderator
30,056 Posts
Have you switched your indicators on?

Indicate left to put the left parking lights on and

indicate right to put the right ones on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,

@Purple, I've tried the indicators but still nothing unfortunately. @oldHammer, yeah there's a multitude of pins and I wouldn't have a clue where to begin with the multimeter, just about know how to test a fuse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts