Ford Automobiles Forum banner

Pasma dials mk2 (2.0L & 2.5L engines) new thread

811 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Gareth_STGhiax 
#1 ·
Think we have 18 names now, we may get away with an order of 20sets.

As before, these with fit all mk2 2.0 litre and 2.5 litre v6 mondeos. speedo must say 150mph on your originals with milage reset switch just below it and the rpm must be 8000rpm max.

NAME LIST:
FROM STOC (9 members)
* Bri
* Cruize
* DemonST24
* Gareth_stghiax (2 sets)
* GoGadgetMan
* Les
* Mark T
* Martin
* Richard C

MEG (7 members)
* 2e0saf
* jacks-ST-mondeo
* lozisbest (maybe)
* Mondeo.man662 (depending on price may have 2 sets)
* pete's blue mk2
* stiffshifter
* ChrisJones120

See less See more
#6 ·
I have been dealing with two companies to get the cheapest price, thats why i have been up and down with a price between £40-£70.

the more expensive company make a much better product, this is what they say

[quote name=MESSAGE FROM SUPPLIER]It's not hard to show you the main differences and advantages of our plasma dials.
The main problem in cars is, that you have high fluctuations between high and low temperature.
An other problem is the high humidity in cars.
As you know the el. gauges consits of many foils put on top of each other like a sandwich.
Between them there is some glue.
The problem of the most of the el. gauges is, that after some months or a half of a year
the glue will not adhence so much because of that temperature fluctuations and high humidity.
The result is, that the gauges will become bubbles.

An other problem of the normal cheap gauges is, that while the gauge is in high temperature, the top anti-glare sheet becomes soft ,so any a little heavy object on its top will cause bubbles or pits.

I have attached a picture which we got from one of our customers, he bought that el.gauges (very cheap ones) at an other company and here its very easy to see what I try to explain you (picture IMG_3560). We have sold him our el. gauges and now he had never more any problems.

So when you want to save money, you will pay twice.

We have solved both problems.
The solution to prevent bubbles from edge is the following:
We make the under print layers 1-2 mm smaller than the exact gauge size, so the top layer and bottom layer will attach to each other well after heat-rolling. See picture 0042.jpg. When the el. gauges are installed in the dashbourd, you will not see that areas.
The solution for the other broblem is, that we use a better high quality anti glare sheet and a very stronger adhesive.

All that methods are more expensive, also the used materials cost more, that's the reason of the difference between our price and that from the company from Poland.
So please understand, that we cannot lower the price for that small quantity.[/quote]

Even though they are more expensive, i want these to last forever and im sure everyone buying will be the same. They have great communication and the pre-service before we get the finished goods is far better than the cheaper company. These guys are German, and i know german workman ship, its 1st class. but we will have to pay for it.

I've been quoting approx prices, production only, a little extra will have to be added for a bulk shipment to the UK to me, and a alittle extra for me to post out individually to all who bought a set. they wont be that heavy so it should only be a couple of quid. I guessing payment will be charged as its an international payment. i'll need to find out how much this will be.

we are back up around the £70.

#7 ·
hi can you put me down for a set :L

#8 ·
Gareth_STGhiax said:
NAME LIST:
FROM STOC (9 members 10sets)
* Bri
* Cruize
* DemonST24
* Gareth_stghiax (2 sets)
* GoGadgetMan
* Les
* Mark T
* Martin
* Richard C

MEG (9 members 10sets)
* 2e0saf
* jacks-ST-mondeo
* lozisbest (maybe)
* Mondeo.man662 (depending on price may have 2 sets)
* NMS
* pete's blue mk2
* stiffshifter
* ChrisJones120
* bat21
WE HAVE 20 SETS, WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU ALL SOON VIA PM.

ANYMORE WANA SET, STILL TIME TO PUT YOUR NAME DOWN. THIS WILL ALSO HELP ALIITLE WITH THE PRICE :naughty:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.