Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sunny Fleetwood
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone can help me with this very unusual issue. When driving on the motorway, the passenger door of my 2011 Tit X will randomly pop open, This never happens on any other road... only when motorway driving. I've tried global locking, but it still pops open after about an hour of driving???

Reactions: potter930

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
sounds like it is not engaging properly, might be able to adjust the striker a little?

if under warranty ford might do it?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Maybe you have a lock problem randomly letting go of the latch have a garage look at it or see if any codes if you have a code reader

·
Sunny Fleetwood
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your help guys. I'll adjust the striker plate a little as you suggest.

I haven't got a code reader as I've never felt the need to get one. In the last 10 years of owning Mondeos, this is the first 'niggle' I've had. The car is due for service at the end of the month, I'll ask them to check if there are any codes.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Thanks for your help guys. I'll adjust the striker plate a little as you suggest.

I haven't got a code reader as I've never felt the need to get one. In the last 10 years of owning Mondeos, this is the first 'niggle' I've had. The car is due for service at the end of the month, I'll ask them to check if there are any codes.
Today was the second time exactly this happened to my car - the door popped open (luckily only to the 'ajar' latch and not fully open) on the motorway.

Did you ever get to the bottom of it?

·
Super Moderator
5,343 Posts

Today was the second time exactly this happened to my car - the door popped open (luckily only to the 'ajar' latch and not fully open) on the motorway.

Did you ever get to the bottom of it?
I had simular problem with mine, but the locking was stiff, after complaing at the dealer as it was a safety issues and under warranty it needed to be replace, or I was going to send the car back. Guess what they changed out the lock out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's a while since anyone posted against this, but it has happened three times on my 2014 Mondeo Titanium - same thing on motorway.

I have lubricate the door lock mechanism, but not adjusted the striker plate (that's next).

The car is quiet at motorway speeds and so I assume that it is a reasonable fit.

Does anyone have any updated causes?

Thanks

Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts