Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 2.0 16V 2005 saloon Petrol Engine, at 102 000 km.

after starting the vehicle, I open the oil cap. A few drops of oil shot out together with air flow.

Reading around on the internet, I think this is caused by the PCV valve, and PCV valve is important because they collect and return fuel for burning twice. I also look up on ebay and find these 2 genuine valves :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Mondeo-MK3-Crankcase-Oil-Breather-Valve-1216674/272374713962

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Crankcase-Oil-Breather-Valve-1331598-/272375177697?hash=item3f6ad361e1

They are all fit my vehical when i use the ebay list to check. But they are a little bit different.

So please help me to find out this :

1. Should I replace PCV valve (never replaced before). Will the replacement make the engine stronger?

2. Above 2 valves will fit my car? first one I checked on 7zap, the second one's part number is from catcar.info

3. That Price is ok?

Thank you!

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,290 Posts
A pcv valve is for crank breathing. Some exhaust gas slips through rings etc which pressurises the crank so a pcv valve releases that pressure back into your intake manifold. A very simple but important piece on an engine. With the engine running you can expect some drops of oil to fly out the filler cap as it spins off the cam/s. Of you place your hand over the cap it should blow ever so slightly until your hand seals the oil filler hole then you will feel a slight vacuum. Excessive pressure would blow out the oil dipstick and fire oil everywhere.

·
Clever Clauggs
4,394 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you! my car is at 102.000 km. Maybe I should replace it.

thank you!

A pcv valve is for crank breathing. Some exhaust gas slips through rings etc which pressurises the crank so a pcv valve releases that pressure back into your intake manifold. A very simple but important piece on an engine. With the engine running you can expect some drops of oil to fly out the filler cap as it spins off the cam/s. Of you place your hand over the cap it should blow ever so slightly until your hand seals the oil filler hole then you will feel a slight vacuum. Excessive pressure would blow out the oil dipstick and fire oil everywhere.

·
Mk3 4 LYFE
379 Posts
Your PCV valve will be the second one. It has a 16mm hose instead of the earlier 10mm hose. The first one is for the earlier cars on the old inlet manifold that was much more prone to the notorious flaps of death. They changed the valve and hose at the same time. I mistakenly bought the wrong one.

I've sorted mine out recently, the car was burning oil through the valve (manifold was coated in oil) but the valve turned out to be in good condition. I ended up doing what the tuners do and installed an oil catch can last week. We'll see how well it works.

·
Flapless
543 Posts
Your PCV valve will be the second one. It has a 16mm hose instead of the earlier 10mm hose. The first one is for the earlier cars on the old inlet manifold that was much more prone to the notorious flaps of death. They changed the valve and hose at the same time. I mistakenly bought the wrong one.

I've sorted mine out recently, the car was burning oil through the valve (manifold was coated in oil) but the valve turned out to be in good condition. I ended up doing what the tuners do and installed an oil catch can last week. We'll see how well it works.
hi mate out of interest how did you install the catchcan,am after doing that on mine,mk 3 duratec he 2.0 any info on how to connect the catchcan up thx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts