Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone put one of the performance boxes on that connects to the fuel rail? and if so did you notice any difference?

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
if you mean one of the ebay tuning boxes then they just mis-inform the ecu and it overfuels a bit. If it is one of those, then i wouldn't bother.

I might entertain a synergy ronbox on one...

you can't beat a good remap though.

·
Super Moderator
29,810 Posts
Why buy a box when the Rover guys can remap it for upto 160bhp for a lot less?

Seems 160 was a standard power output but BMW lowered the output for the Rover, didnt

want it competing too closely.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Because the remap power gain is at the top end of the rev range. The box however puts the power gain low down. Lots of the Rover guys use both.
Oh. Yes the same bmw engine used But the turbos Rover used was much better than bmw used. Something else too was changed, which I forget, making the Rover unit better than that fitted to bmw cars.

·
Super Moderator
29,810 Posts
One thing they should have changed is the position of the thermostat.

Such a pain to change, owners resorted to putting inline stats in one of the coolant

pipes. A renault stat sort of fits i think? Extra coule of jubilee clips to stop it moving

down the pipe and to keep it sealed.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I've no recollection of thermostat position. Mind you I used to take my ZT to a former Rover dealer for a yearly service (to keep warranty people happy and they made me happy when clutch cylinders failed) so I can o ly assume the dealer changed a thermostat if it needed it in the 7 years I had it.

·
Super Moderator
29,810 Posts
Its at the rear of engine, a bit like your dentist removing a tooth, but having to go through

your nose :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have used TDi tuning for boxes on my VW CC 2.0 TDi and my Mondeo 2.2 200. The CC has noticeably more power will change up earlier (Its DSG) as torque greater and has improved MPG on a regular run to Cornwall (330 miles ) by over 10 mpg. When the VW had its software update VW moved the torque up the rev range to reduce emissions so TDi tuning reflashed my box putting the torque back so i have a good even spread of power and a smooth idle that I lost with VW update.On the Mondeo it improved the torque so from 50mph it pulls like a train in 6th(matching the power delivery of our 3.2 v6 TT, and I am getting around 8mpg better. These boxes plug in two places . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.