Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Samsung S3 - which is shown as totally compatible with mondeo 2011 Tit x voice control. It works fine with the button activated system on the dashboard but whenever I try the voice controlled system it says the directory is empty. I have re bonded, re booted, deleted all other phones, updated phone and car software, but I cannot get the voice system to recognise and access the phones phonebook.
I'm probably doing something really stupid, but totally bamboozled as to why I cant get it to work.
Any ideas ?

Martin.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The dial name by voice function doesn't work how you think it does. You have to record your voice saying the name of the person and then link the number to it. Not sure on your exact setup but I can only store a maximum of 5 numbers in this way on my Blaupunkt NX. It's actually the unit that dials the number for the voice entries, not the phone as you might expect.

The directory empty message is your choice dial directory.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hi I have 2009 with this I speak the stored the number and name by voice now I just shout phone dailname and yes then it works it was pain to get the number on you have to speck really really slow to get the right number in but all works great after

·
Registered
44 Posts
You must copy all your contacts from SIM card to phone memory, as Ford`s voice command system recognizes only these ones from phone`s internal memory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi guys, Thanks for the replies. It seems I will have to manually set up a few numbers then to make it work, seems strange though that the dashboard system can read my phonebook but the Voice recognition one can't.
By the way, yes, my phone's contacts are stored in the phone section and not SIM, in fact I've tried storing them all over the place just to see if I can get it to work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My previous Nokia N97 mini corresponded to car system`s command "Mobile number". My present Nokia Lumia corresponds to phone`s command "Call *contact name*". Try to use voice commands according to your phone user manual.

·
Registered
713 Posts
martinkul said:
Hi, I have a Samsung S3 - which is shown as totally compatible with mondeo 2011 Tit x voice control. It works fine with the button activated system on the dashboard but whenever I try the voice controlled system it says the directory is empty. I have re bonded, re booted, deleted all other phones, updated phone and car software, but I cannot get the voice system to recognise and access the phones phonebook.
I'm probably doing something really stupid, but totally bamboozled as to why I cant get it to work.
Any ideas ?

Martin.
What stereo have you got?

My 1st Mondeo had the touchscreen nav. With that car I could only access my phone memory via the touchscreen. Voice control would not work. However my current 2012 Mondeo has the DAB Sony stereo & my phone memory is available from the voice control. Both cars I am using the same iPhone 4 with.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkFord.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi. I have the sony DAB unit and have managed to manually store a few names in the voice activated system. Quite frankly I think I will use the steering wheel buttons in future.
Cheers, martin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I brought from a local Ford Dealer a 2007 plate Titanium X with touch screen Sat Nav and Bluetooth voice control etc, the voice control works on everything but ..... It will not call anyone from my phone book ( I have an IPhone 4 ) if I store a name individually it will call that name but it will only let me store 5 names, does anyone know why it wont call any contacts ( I have around 50 contacts in my phone ) and why I can only store 5 names before it says " phone book full" any help would or tips would be greatly appreciated

·
Megger
3,400 Posts
Sure this is covered in the manual, did you get one?

·
Big Megger
418 Posts
I brought from a local Ford Dealer a 2007 plate Titanium X with touch screen Sat Nav and Bluetooth voice control etc, the voice control works on everything but ..... It will not call anyone from my phone book ( I have an IPhone 4 ) if I store a name individually it will call that name but it will only let me store 5 names, does anyone know why it wont call any contacts ( I have around 50 contacts in my phone ) and why I can only store 5 names before it says " phone book full" any help would or tips would be greatly appreciated
From what I remember there are two different commands. The basic "call xxx" accesses the names that are stored in the car's phonebok, limited to 5. There is another command something like "call from phone" (sorry, mine is in French, don't know what the English version is!) which uses the phone's own voice command system (if it has one) to process the request. Basically your voice command is given to the phone and you're dependent on what it can do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts