Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Little Megger
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

I have just joined up and will introduce my properly later, but i have an important question to ask.

I have purchased a mondeo TDCi and was told it was a 115. But when I rang my insurance, they told me it was a 130? How do I check as none of the information i saw when I checked the car out told me either way?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
If you have a look under the bonnet there should also be some stickers to say the engine's power output :D

My insurance company thought my 130bhp was a 115bhp when I first tried to get insurance for it....

Chris

·
Registered
812 Posts
Mine doesnt show it under the bonnet, I suspect its been pranged before and a new sticker wasnt sourced. Will get one eventually but not high on my priority list.

·
Megger
59 Posts
If you check the VIN plate, which is the rectangular sticker on the driver's side B pillar, there are several letters or numbers in boxes running down the left hand side of the plate. If the second box down contains a figure 8, it means the car is fitted with a 2 litre 130PS diesel engine. :L

·
Little Megger
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the quick reply's guys. I will check the VIN numbers and for a sticker when I pick it up on thursday.

Then begin the fun with it....

·
Little Megger
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats the next step, decide how what parts to get. The tuning boxes seem like the way forward due to the ease of fitting and removal.

Are there and daft little tricks for this engine, like airbox mods etc?

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Put the registration or VIN number into www.etis.ford.com and it'll tell you there what it is. You do have to register, but its free and quick to do so (takes a minute).

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Dave, do you have that post saved somewhere for easy posting :}

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
I know - you'd think someone else would say it from time to time :}

·
Little Megger
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I registered on the Etisford site but for some reason it will not log me in! Bloody thing!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.