Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone got a pic of a mk1 btcc mondy with the lower splitter on it? :thankyousign:

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
in a brochure but i'm too pissed to scan it now!!

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol wenever ur up for it mate

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
ludaprix said:
lol wenever ur up for it mate
Monday :L IRC it's got Peter Sauber in it.........

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
that's the early one-there is a later one with the lower skirt-try & beat the Alfa's cheats :D

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Some people are never happy!!!! :}

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
found them :love:

Attachments

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ohh thanks mate!!looks like my dream may come true!!

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
How low are they?!?!

They do look sweet though. :D

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i reckon its just a finger that could fit between the splitter and the ground lol hopefully mine is gonna look similar, the road bumps may disagree tho lol

·
ME
5,869 Posts
Here is one. If memory serves me right the minimum gap of the splitter was 47mm. Which is why the drivers would drive off line on their way back to the pits so all the small bits of rubber and stones would stick to the tyres and increase the ride height.

Attachments

·
MEG Admiral
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ooo that is nice, im getting somehting similar done but should i get the fogs put in and mesh the other gaps?hmmm its ok for a race car not to have it but for a road car im not sure...

·
MEG general
1,507 Posts
not being picky but the main reason btcc drivers go off line when heading back to the pits after a race was because the cars and drivers got weighed as well as the ride height checked when they get to park fermay. and this was to make sure they was not running to light in weight or to low. rules are rules as they say.

·
ME
5,869 Posts
studley73 said:
not being picky but the main reason btcc drivers go off line when heading back to the pits after a race was because the cars and drivers got weighed as well as the ride height checked when they get to park fermay. and this was to make sure they was not running to light in weight or to low. rules are rules as they say.
As the cars are weighed after qualifying, I doubt there would be much chance of the car losing weight during the race although the cars are re weighed. Loss in tyre pressure or other factors can result in reduced ride height.

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
nilagin said:
studley73 said:
As the cars are weighed after qualifying, I doubt there would be much chance of the car losing weight during the race although the cars are re weighed. Loss in tyre pressure or other factors can result in reduced ride height.
I think acctually you're both right.....

·
ME
5,869 Posts
Another photo. Matt Neals car this time. I got warned off taking these photos as Steve Neal the team owner dislikes people taking photo's inside his pit garages and usually confiscates the films.

Attachments

·
at Vanishing Point....
3,994 Posts
Feck I want that brake setup lol

TWIN CALIPERS :first:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts