Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting an induction kit for my ST24, is there that much difference between the 2 makes ? what do you think ?
:thankyousign:

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
go for the cheapest one you can find, i brought mine from the same man who sold me the 200 rear bumper and exhaust for 175 pounds and then he wanted 10 pounds for the induction kit he found in his garage that he thought he lost and i said i only had 5 pounds in coins left which i did and brought it off him as he said it only sit and collect dust, now it makes such a kick ass noise under da hood of the car!! :L

·
Spider Pig, Spider Pig
1,964 Posts
go for a bomz, from ebay (usa), lot cheaper then the k&n and the rest, and makes the best sound, fitted on to mine the other weekend just ask oggy he will tell you the same.

·
Turbo'd ST24
10,084 Posts
yep was also going to say theres some cheap on ebay, just look around, most people on here like the bomz kits, i think if i didnt buy this one at a fiver i would have had the bomz but it saved me some money :L :first:

·
Big Megger
234 Posts
Pete1 said:
Im looking at getting an induction kit for my ST24, is there that much difference between the 2 makes ? what do you think ?
:thankyousign:
Either!!

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
bomz kit all the way comes with a metal intake pipe and huge cone filter the noise that is created is great even better on a v6 :L
but if you dont get bomz kit get piper filter :L

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your replies, I will have a look at the bomz and see what they are like price-wise. :thankyousign:

·
Spider Pig, Spider Pig
1,964 Posts
Well i got one the other month total cost £52 and with the time difference it took 1 full day to get to me

·
MEG Corporal
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick update, I got a Pipercross on the end, I got it for not much more than a bomz kit and the place I got it from where about 5 miles away, so went for that instead. www.racemodz.com
I am impressed with the sound, not too loud but quite deep. My car now seems a bit more responsive or maybe thats because I drive everywhere with a little bit more throttle now !!!
Thanks for everyones advice :L

·
My name is Steve
6,700 Posts
Which ever you buy it will be the best, i got Pipercross and its much louder compared with my bro in laws K&N , both on V6's

·
Little Megger
14 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
If you have a 2.0 I recommend the bomz kit or similar they're make the biggest difference in my experience.

I'll PT you a link.

Damo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts