Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2001 Mondeo TDCi which has a fault code of P2338 which is knock sensor above range on cyl 3.This how ever is not telling me anymore than this. The car runs as normal when warm, up to around 2000 rpm when the turbo normally kicks in. Any more than this the car is massively under powered. The flashing glow plug light is constantly flashing now. The car can get up to motorway speeds still just takes longer than normal. Also on start up this morning for the first time there was a large cloud of white smoke behind me and the car sounded very rattley. After about 60 seconds it was then fine. I am fearful it may be an injector problem possibly. I have disconnected the electrical plug on each individual injector and each one when disconnected makes the engine sound worse. The fuel rail pressure is around 230 bar.

I have been told it could be any kind of fuelling issue and not definitely an injector....fingers crossed.

I also only ever use ESSO diesel!.

Please can someone give me some pointers please as I haven't got the cash available to simply go out and buy 4 injectors.

I appreciate any comments or people who can share similar experiences with similar problems.

Thank you.

·
???
3,628 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peter,

I have posted on my original thread now. When I update on it previously there was no response so I didn't know if the thread had expired or something?.

I am new to this forum stuff and not 100% sure on how it all works so I apologise as I didn't realise if you updated it still kept it active. I appreciate everyone's comments regarding the Mondeo's faults and have had some real good advice especially the link regarding fuel leak off test which I will be doing shortly.

Carl.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts