Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi folks, as above - I have tried to put the code in as provided in the documents but the stereo has given me two 30 minute countdowns. It is now saying "security locked".

I assume this means I can no longer enter any code?

I have checked the code provided and actually entered it incorrectly twice but I have double checked and entered it correctly this last time as per the handbook.

Can anybody advise where to go from here? Would disconnecting the battery for half an hour take me back to the start of the process?

I have ordered stereo removal keys but they won't be here until the weekend so can't retrieve the stereo serial number until then.

Is there anything else I can do assuming this is the original stereo that came with the car (only had it 2 days)?

Many thanks,

Will.

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,399 Posts
If you power up the stereo and hold 6 and 1 it should take you into an information mode. It will scroll through a few number and dates etc. your serial number should come up in one of the scrolls normally starting with M. Write down this number and then Google radio codes free. Look for a website "pumapeople.com" enter your serial number and your code should pop up. Please note this only works with serial numbers starting with M. Report back and let us know :)

Reactions: Williamraff

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you power up the stereo and hold 6 and 1 it should take you into an information mode. It will scroll through a few number and dates etc. your serial number should come up in one of the scrolls normally starting with M. Write down this number and then Google radio codes free. Look for a website "pumapeople.com" enter your serial number and your code should pop up. Please note this only works with serial numbers starting with M. Report back and let us know :)
Hi and thanks for the quick response, I found the "free ford radio code" site before i read your response and they provided the correct code - wife is now all smiles now that she has got tunes in her car.

The advice you have given above is spot on and would have given the same result so thank you for that.

Regards, Will :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can pull the radio out with 4 thin screw drivers..
Hi - I didn't realise that - I have ordered four removal keys £1.19 - never mind they will come in handy next time.

Cheer, Will :)

It may not be the original, I had mine stolen - insurance paid for a replacement but I never got round to updating the code in the manual.
I think I must be in the same position?

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,399 Posts
Hi and thanks for the quick response, I found the "free ford radio code" site before i read your response and they provided the correct code - wife is now all smiles now that she has got tunes in her car.
The advice you have given above is spot on and would have given the same result so thank you for that.

Regards, Will :)
Your welcome buddy glad we could offer help but using your initiative is always good so well done mate

Reactions: Williamraff
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.