Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we're nearly at the finishing point of our new TalkFord Tyre Review database, and it now requires a little bit of testing from you guys.

It does exactly what it says, it's a comprehensive database of summer and winter tyres, with tread pattern images, for you to review. It features 4 simple questions, and once a tyre has received more than one review, the results are averaged to give an overall rating on these different review criteria, which are:

1) Dry Grip
2) Wet Grip
3) Roadnoise
4) VFM (value for money)

It can also be used as a "tyre log" for yourself, to monitor tyre wear. Once you fit a new set of tyres, you can just submit a review of them after say 10 miles of usage, and there is an optional "text review" box where you can enter any pertinent information (eg, fitted at 50000 miles). Later on, once you've done 15000 miles on them and they are up for replacement again, you can click the My Reviews button, go to your original review, and then either write a follow-up review, or just use it as a memory jogger so you can see how many miles you got out of those tyres.

Please take a whirl and let me know what you think, and any issues you may come across. You search for tyre reviews through a variety of different criteria, including size, VFM / wet and dry grip ratings.

The only know issue is the "filter reviews" page needs tidying up. You will also see a link to brake reviews, and mention of car cleaning product reviews, both of which are still a bit of a Work In Progress!

http://www.talkford.com/reviews/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just ordered a set of dunlop sp blueresponse 205 50 17 93w. Due to be fitted on refurbed rims to go on the road on April first after a few other jobs have been dealt with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts