Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone can help or know any other sites that deal with this, thinking about maybe getting a lawyer?

Last November, at night I was driving on an A road normally 60 but because of roadworks, it was now 40, I was caught doing 66mph, 1mph less it would have just been 3 points, its now going to be 5 or 6.

March driving in London, I get a speeding fine for doing 24mph in a 20 it is quite main road and as you probably know, all of London is becoming like this.A few days close to this I think I stopped at a red light but was over the line so got another 3 points, so possibly looking at a ban. I did do a speed awareness course last year for doing 44/5 in a 40 (I cant remember what year with lockdown etc it happened so waiting for drivetech to get back to me) it could be less than 3 years ago though.

These are all on going, I havent accepted the conditional offer for the recent ones yet (both 3 points), just wondered if its worth challenging any of them?

If anyone has any advice would really appreciate it

I used pepipoo website for advice so far.

40 in a 60

red light

24 in a 20

·
Super Moderator
31,063 Posts
Those guys usually know what they are doing so I would do as they suggest. Assume you have a thread
with all cases mentioned? Do they say actually go to court when your reach the 12 points to beg
leniency and not to ban you. The vehicle needs to be your lifeline. Don't drive there on the day though.

How many points do you have now and potentially how many to get added?

·
Super Moderator
31,063 Posts
Seems to be the concenus of opinion. Only goto court if you REALLY have to the fine maybe considerably
more if you attend. If your on the verge of a ban then you probably need to attend to plead for no ban but
the fine is likely to be higher.

Several offences in a short period may not look good, I would really try and avoid going unless its compulsory.

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,399 Posts
Once is a mistake but so many in a short time seems more like you need to take more care rather than fighting it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, yeah I agree stupid mistakes but some of the roads in London are not 20mph roads, thats the only one I would porbably quiery, is it even good for your car and the environment driving at those speeds, if you drive for a living and have to get about 20mph doesent help most of London like that now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will get 5-6 for doing 66 in a 40 even though late at night and know one around, normaly 60, I agree my fault though. 3 for 24 in a 20 and 3 for red light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts