Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8 gears or more please
TrevorB BMW320 M Sport 2020 M Sport Pro Pack. Tech Pack (Head Up Display)
5,670 Posts
I can't quite remember now, do you mean they can be placed back onto the screen quite a way from park position, then when you turn them on they reset themselves to their normal correct position, if this is what you mean, then yes, that is normal

Reactions: Grumpyaxeswinger

·
Registered
Mondeo MK5 Titanium 2.0l EcoBoost
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's it exactly :D All the cars I've had the wipers have had very little movement. Still learning about the car it took me 5 months to notice there was 3 washer jets rather than the 2 on previous cars :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I can't quite remember now, do you mean they can be placed back onto the screen quite a way from park position, then when you turn them on they reset themselves to their normal correct position, if this is what you mean, then yes, that is normal
I thought you are supposed to use the wiper stalk to put the wipers in service position before changing them?

Edit: Wrong car, that is on the mk4

Mk5 you can move them with ignition off and they will correct themselves

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hi

Useful when washing car/screen.

Peter

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,439 Posts
Believe on the mk5 they use individual wiper motors thus being able to be moved anywhere within their sweep but will correct themselves once the ignition is turned on. Had an issue on a friends mk5 where they would clash so had to remove the arm and reposition

1 - 7 of 7 Posts