Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
those of you who have run power cable through the main wiring loom gromet take a look at these pics

I have been looking at an old thread and a lot of you said that once you pulled the fusebox down and out of the way the power cable went through without too much trouble

The problem in my car is the white plastic frame that the fusebox clips into is in the way the wires all go through the bulk head behind it so i cannot get to them without taking it out however one of the bolts is almost impossible to get to to remove it
all links are clikable for larger images

This is the plastic holder for the fusebox and also shows all the wires going through the bulk head behind it

This is a pic of the two nuts i have already removed

this shows the 3rd nut that i cannot get any kind of tool to

Reactions: Mrmacc

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
same here, i just kept pushing it through on a coat hanger until i got lucky and saw the wire some where,

:whistling:

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok this si what worked for me

i went from the bulkhead side first poked a holed through the gremt with a screwdriver
then worked a bigger screwdriver in there

then went inside the cabin and found the screwdriver poking through the hole i then got a bit of 4AWG cable and used gaffa tape to tape it to the screwdriver
then back round to the engine bay and pulled the screwdriver out and hoped that the cable would follow and it did :D

then taped my 0AWG to the 4AWG with LOADS of gaffa tape a made th ehold a little bigger around the 4AWG with a screwdriver then went back inside and pulled the 4AWG through and the 0AWG followed it

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
look at last pic have you got a ratchet spanner/ one with an elbow would probably do it too

·
Registered
766 Posts
This is driving me mad started about an hour ago and stripped most things out the way including the cruise control module but the bracket won't budge, lol I've had to come in for a coffee break before break something or drill a hole, lol.... I am determined to get the cables through today so might be a long day, he he....

Damo :eyesup:

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didnt actually manage to get that white plastic thing out of the way i had to poke a hole through the gromet to one side so that it cleared the fusebox holder

totalguy an elbow wont work because there isnt even enough space to get the socket onto the nut let alone a socket with an elbow on the back

·
Registered
766 Posts
I can't get the fuse box bracket out the way either, still not much further along. I fitted afew other bits why I counted to 10 to have another crack, lol

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
i meant spanner with elbow ratchet type

·
Megger
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that would probably have worked however
1 - I have done it now anyway
2 - i dont have an elbow type spanner let alone an albow ratchet spanner

but thanks anyway bud ;)

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
ah ok i thought that might be the case, atleast you done the job though :L

·
Registered
766 Posts
Phewwww finally sorted it all out, lol

Finishing the tft and dvd tomorrow though.

Glad I won't be doing that again for awhile, lol

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
its a good thing in a way that its difficult to do this job, theres a lot less chance of any leaks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts