Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
living the citrine dream
21,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys me and a mate was talking about what was more important in your eyes as far as your mondy is concerned..is it the power behind it or does the looks of it do it more for you..im interested cos for me its not power its looks and some might say with the td it cant be anything else.so im going to do a poll if i can set it up and see what the majority thinks

kev :L :L :L

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
in my experience i've done alot of ice, cosmetics, interior mods blah de blah and the power mods are the most rewarding/useful and the novelty dont wear off quick like it does with the other stuff.

·
ME
5,869 Posts
Not voted as I'd have to say both but mine sadly lacks both as it need a bit of TLC and the engine although not a slouch is pretty much standard

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
when ur young i guess looks as thats all u can aford

when bit older maybe got for pure power

when ur even older GET BOTH

lol

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
have to say Power Kev, as you can surprise a few people when you get little idiots in their novas just wanting some fun. he he
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
got to be done, coz admittely since I have had the front bumper put on you get some serious bell ends out there, who want to play. Not that I do that sort of thing but its nice to wipe smiles off faces, even though I haven't got substantial power, it puts the average corsa to shame lol :woot:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
i think the looks are more important power is good also dont get me wrong no mater how fast your car is some one is always gona turn round and say mines faster than yours i dont care weather someones car is faster than mine has i dont race i got kids to think about

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Big NO NO to racing but when it comes to 3 o clock in the morning and some git is flashing me on the way home and there is not another car about then sometimes my foot slips a bit harder on the pedal errrm. But I do condone my actions and would not wish any other Megger to follow my example. The rest of the time I am a very good boy keeping to speed limits. :whistling:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
my 5p worth

good looking car = attractive target for theves, as you are likly to have TV's, headunit, expensave ICE etc etc

but with power you can be a sleeper........... suprising ppl with your standard looking car :L

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
RussDX said:
when ur young i guess looks as thats all u can aford

when bit older maybe got for pure power

when ur even older GET BOTH

lol
first thing you've said in ages that i've understood and agree with :}

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
ivan said:
my 5p worth

good looking car = attractive target for theves, as you are likly to have TV's, headunit, expensave ICE etc etc

but with power you can be a sleeper........... suprising ppl with your standard looking car :L
my sentiments exactly,even tho i voted looks :loopy: :stupid:

·
MEG's resident oven
11,381 Posts
looks cos i dont go fast enough to worry about big power!!after being on big motorbikes for so long all cars feel slow,lol

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
big power is nothing without control, for me its about performance, as a light 200bhp car will be better than a large 400bhp car

imagine 400bhp in a old school Lada what ever they where square thingys, with standard suspenion.

i real both to much with cosmetic changes.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
heres my 2pence

I would have to say looks...... most of the time (neaning all the ruddy time) I never go faster than about 80 which the mondie does easily, So I want it to look nice. I think it depends on what your car is I mean if its a 1.6 then you need a bit more power but mines a 2ltr so I like to do the looks thing. but BOTH is best. Of course...... when you have a MK1 you have to make it diffrerent as standard like look like an old rep mobile but you CAN go overboard which is where mine is starting to go. So now it needs some TLC as its been a year and things are starting to go round the edges.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts