Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently had a light front ender and airbags deployed, it is keyless start. however it will not start anymore. is this a safety feature? , do you have to clear down the air bag codes for it to start. when the local mechanic plugged it into his dignostics machine it gave an error code of p176e. anyone have any suggestions would be grateful.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It'll be the fuel pump cut off. It'll need to be reset, not sure how though sorry!

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

·
Focus Mk3 Moderator
2,216 Posts
I had a look at a site listing Ford fault codes and P176E comes up as - Clutch pedal position (CPP) sensor B - correlation.

http://mechanicalee.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/ford-engine-management-fault-code.html

As your car is keyless start this would seem to indicate that there is a fault with the clutch sensor which allows the engine to start when pedal is fully depressed.

You could try using the key inside your fob and see if the car will start that way.

Fuel cut off switch is also possible, and the reset is usually located in the passenger footwell.

P.S. I have edited the title of your thread so that it better reflects the subject matter.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Does the engine turn over? If so then most probably the fuel cut-off.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Should your vehicle shut off after a collision, you may restart your
vehicle by doing the following:
1. Turn the ignition off.
2. Turn the ignition on.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to re-enable fuel pump.
Note: If your vehicle has the push button start system, press the
stop/start button twice to reactivate the fuel system.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Also you say the mech had it on the diag and found a p choose bit did he check the airbag control unit for codes that you know of?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
had the airbag moduke reset

the car does not turn over

tried the key in the ignition

it only cranks over if you put crossover leads on the starter motor.

i will try to reset the fuel cut off 1st in passenger footwell.

I have spoke to a few people, one mentioned that the ids may need to reset.

will keep you posted how I get on

thanks all

regards

jamie

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a look at a site listing Ford fault codes and P176E comes up as - Clutch pedal position (CPP) sensor B - correlation.

http://mechanicalee.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/ford-engine-management-fault-code.html

As your car is keyless start this would seem to indicate that there is a fault with the clutch sensor which allows the engine to start when pedal is fully depressed.

You could try using the key inside your fob and see if the car will start that way.

Fuel cut off switch is also possible, and the reset is usually located in the passenger footwell.

P.S. I have edited the title of your thread so that it better reflects the subject matter.
Hi

Thanks I did check that site for the code, with regard to the fuel cut off the car does not crank over when attemptiing to start.

·
Focus Mk3 Moderator
2,216 Posts
Hi Jamie,

After i posted about location of reset switch for fuel cut off i had a look in my own car and couldnt find anything.

Ford definitely used to put it down there, but must have a different way of resetting now.

GlynG in post #5 looks to have found the new method for this, but even if it is the fuel cut off your engine should still turn over, so there is obviously another problem.

I assumed that using the key would bypass the clutch sensor, but maybe it is still causing the problem.

To be honest i dont know. :(

·
Registered
388 Posts
That's right. It should still crank with the fuel cut activated and as mentioned most cars these days have an electronic rather then mechanical reset. . I'd you look at a Ford ka (new shape) you have to alternate indicator directions as shown on the binnacle. They Flash together to stay with then right flashes til you indicate right. Then left flashes till you indicate left etc etc until they Flash together again at which point the cut off is reset. Of course this is the exact same method as for the Fiat 500 as the ka is built on the 500 but I'm not sure about yours unfortunately.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts