Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share what I have been skinning my knuckles doing for the last two days, bought a new greenhouse off t'internet and had to build the fecker.. :eyesup:

Cost about 700quid odd, came in a million pieces, the instructions were one piece of A3 paper which started at stage 9.. :loopy: ...and we've probably got enough pieces left over to build another fecker.. :whistling:

Here she is anyway, in all her glory...automatic opening window thingys on the top, open when temp. gets too hot or sommat, and other usless gimmicky thingys that help your tomatoes grow big and strong....

...these pics were taken just after the bomb had gone off... :D

@ MondymanV6...you thought your head gaskets were hard.... :whistling: ....

·
Uncle Nasty
9,086 Posts
Have your fingers gone [color:green]green[/color] yet?..

:whistling:

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not me mate, I got about as much interest in gardening as I have in cricket and that's feck all just in case you were wondering.. :whistling: .

Thats the last time i go near that contraption.

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TELBOY said:
all that for a couple of tomatoes
no chance mate, our old queen will have that full of all sorts of Hugh Fearnley stylee goodies within no time.... :} ...It's a bit of "The Good Life" here mate.... :}

·
AWOL
19,522 Posts
Looks like a nice one. Ours is missing loads of glass, where the apples from the nieghbour's tree drop and smash them! :eyesup:

·
Big Megger
250 Posts
Hi, You do realise that the lourved glass is meant to go at the back of the green house (in the centre).

2 reasons, first you need a throughflow of air in the greenhouse, not straight in / out as you have got.

Secondly, when you put up your shelf / staging / growbags you tend to use both long sides of the greenhouse. the way you have set it up you will find that the lourves hit the above :( (and if automatic Knackers the auto unit!)

Only reason I know.......been there done that....learnt a expensive lesson.

Noticed that you are using toughned glass.....WELL worth the Extra cos it stops my cats going through it when they jump on the roof!!

Sorry to appear a know it all......feel free to ignore me....... :whistling:

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol....no probs....louvres would only go on one of the sides as the back is a different size, and the old queen will have toms on that side so the louvres won't be damaged, plus they open in two halves so the top half opens independently of the bottom half....so you could always leave the bottom ones shut if you had to....

Yeah thats why we got it because of the toughened glass, I got two nieces and a dog and our old greenhouse was an accident waiting to happen, glad it's gone now cause the glass in it was lethal really.... :L

·
Big Megger
250 Posts
were the labels a right pig to get off?

Mine was! :headshake:

certainly a easier job with toughned glass, no lots of small glass panels, spring clips etc!

Best of luck with it m8

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dunno left the labels on, I can't stand gardening mate, the greenhouse is for the old queen, if she wants the labels off she can pick 'em off herself... :whistling: ....I'm just glad it's finished, and i never have to make another ever, in my life, ever.... :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts