Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some bugger as reversed into me me tonight, altghought it has only scratched lighty my front bumper (st24) i can not see me going through the hassel of the insurance road, his car was a company VW pissat, should i phone his company up or just take it on the chin

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
phone his company and ask for an out of insurance settlement, of a couple of hundred, or whatever you think is fair, most places will do it if their drivers have a few knocks too many

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Phone them :L

·
The Fat man is back
509 Posts
I agree ring em, some company insurances have huge excesses so its worth it for them to pay you themselves rather than goin thro the insurance and having to pay the excess anyway.......

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
If it is a company, don't be scared to go the insurance route. Ring them with a quote you have had from a 3rd Party repair company. A few hundred should do the trick. If they don't want to settle out of insurance, then take it all the way.

Whiplash can take weeks to settle in after the initial shock. It sounds cheeky, but every bast*rd is doing it now, and if you had pranged someone, they would do it to you. After you become the victim of someone taking advantage like this, you will do it yourself, so get in first.

Whiplash is standard for a bang, and warrants a payout of around 1000-1500 without much question. Add that to the repair cost of the car and also any loss of earnings and the payout becomes astronomical.

You would be best advised to ring them up tomorrow (Saturday or Monday if they are closed w/ends) and ask them to settle the bill for the repairs. If you have any little scratches or what not on the car, you can get them fixed now too. Get a paint shop to get you a quote for that and ask them for a "Verbal" price on the rest of the little niggles.

You may find that they settle easily enough. If not, your looking at a fair few quid in your skyrocket come Next christmas or so. May be a nice Summer holiday 2008 for you.

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just had a telephone call from the guy, he said his company will be getting in touch with me on monday regarding the matter, i wouldn't mind the car is in the body shop that day aswell for some warranty work on the passanger front door, so i might aswell get a freebie quote for the bumper

·
MEG Commander
2,969 Posts
dsx2b said:
Couldnt resist mentioning this, but i recently saw a bumper sticker saying "Hit me, i need the money" :D
:}

·
Fail faced tartan chodder
13,734 Posts
ConcreteMonkey said:
If it is a company, don't be scared to go the insurance route. Ring them with a quote you have had from a 3rd Party repair company. A few hundred should do the trick. If they don't want to settle out of insurance, then take it all the way.

Whiplash can take weeks to settle in after the initial shock. It sounds cheeky, but every bast*rd is doing it now, and if you had pranged someone, they would do it to you. After you become the victim of someone taking advantage like this, you will do it yourself, so get in first.

Whiplash is standard for a bang, and warrants a payout of around 1000-1500 without much question. Add that to the repair cost of the car and also any loss of earnings and the payout becomes astronomical.

You would be best advised to ring them up tomorrow (Saturday or Monday if they are closed w/ends) and ask them to settle the bill for the repairs. If you have any little scratches or what not on the car, you can get them fixed now too. Get a paint shop to get you a quote for that and ask them for a "Verbal" price on the rest of the little niggles.

You may find that they settle easily enough. If not, your looking at a fair few quid in your skyrocket come Next christmas or so. May be a nice Summer holiday 2008 for you.
Hence why insurance is so high these days :crazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.