Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the car serviced and MoT'd today (as mentioned elsewhere!) and it passed.

However, the anti-roll bar links are on the way out (the anti-roll bar can be moved sideways, which I've read about on here :L ).

He's quoted me about £50 labour, but didn't have to hand the prices for the parts (5pm, other people collecting cars etc.)

He says he only uses genuine Ford links, which is fine by me, but does anyone have any idea of the likely cost?

Hopefully, once I get them done that will be the end of the bloody knocking noise!

·
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PEWTNERST24 said:
I would do it yourself mate they are easy.
But I still need to know how much they are!! :D :L

·
Big Megger
160 Posts
Front tie rods
1106269........£35.63 each

M10 flanged nuts
6194242.........75p each (2 required for each tie rod)

hope this helps

·
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers! :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
50 quid labour is taking the pisss!!!! up on ramps remove wheel nuts with air gun 2 mins for both wheels use air gun again to undo bolts 2 either side put new ones in place put nuts on and tighten em not with air gun prefferably, refit the wheels job done

50 quid to do that id tell em where to go ffs!!

if you cant fit them yourself im sure somewhere else would fit them for 20 quid max.

·
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okey doke, I'll look into that.

In no rush at the mo. Cash flow (or lack thereof)!

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
im guessing you havent got any tools? (not that there is much you need) its an easy job to DIY

·
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small socket set and a few screw drivers! :D

And a lack of confidence to boot!

Got a mate whose a bit handy with the spanners - he needs to be with a 1959 Morris Minor and a 1961 Rover P4 as everyday cars!

I'll have a word - got to be worth a :beer:

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
£12 each from a motor factors m8, half hour job, wheel off and a 15mm socket and 17mm spanner is all you need.

Steve

·
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just looked it up in the Haines manual. Looks easy enough. Just need to pluck up the courage....

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd give the nuts a good soak in wd40 the night before if you try it. if they've been on a while they will be pretty rusty.

Also when you jack up the car dont be tempted to use two of the crappy Ford jacks. It is not stable! :whistling:

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
HJS said:
Just looked it up in the Haines manual. Looks easy enough. Just need to pluck up the courage....
not sure on socket size i think it might be 15mm before you undo the nuts put on some wd40 you might need a 17mm spanner close to the rubber at the back to hold the ball joint to stop it spinning, also they can be quite stiff just keep checking the nuts for heat as your undoing them specially if theyre stiff reason i say this is because they may snap but dont be alarmed after all it will make things easyer you wont need to undo so much :} all this into account it should be a 30-60 min job.

it alright for garages they can fly them off with an air gun but it still is an easy job.

Happy birthday by the way :L

1 - 14 of 14 Posts