Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
The amps sometimes thud when they are turned on or off. The bassline is whats causing the dimming. Some peeps have got round this by adding a second battery and a split charger or some have just added power caps.

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
I'll be putting 2 amps in mine hopefully if my latest idea actually manages to take off this time. I'm gonna have to look into a power cap myself I think.

·
Big Megger
372 Posts
power caps do actually increase the problem, not too sure about the science behind it, but the cap's charge will need replacing after every beat, so it will not eliminate dimming lights. There isnt really that much you can do about it, apart from fitting a beefier alternator!

·
MEG Colonel
8,988 Posts
my power cap stopped my lights dimming on the subs you have mate, i had no flickkering at all,

oh by the way i have that cap for sale aswell :whistling: :gayfight:

·
It was 49.95
10,123 Posts
powercaps dont totally eliminate the problem, however they do help

the best way to get around this is to give your CD player its own live direct to the battery, and its own earth direct to the bodywork, cures 99.9% of common problems with lights dimming

·
living the citrine dream
21,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thelongmile said:
powercaps dont totally eliminate the problem, however they do help

the best way to get around this is to give your CD player its own live direct to the battery, and its own earth direct to the bodywork, cures 99.9% of common problems with lights dimming
its got its own wires mate but ive found out recently that my blower on the selecters have blown 2 bits 3 and 4 so i wondering if thats got anything to do with it

kev :L

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.