Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Fresh Meat
1 Posts
New here so please be nice. I don't know alot about engines so here goes...

Bought my Focus 1.8 TDDi in November 2011. I changed the font set of tyres as they went bald on the inside. This was in April. The same problem has happened now. That's problem 1 - not important really.

6 weeks ago, I spent £400 getting my brakes done - full work minus new drums on back. Recently, the brake pedal has decided it can't make it's mind up - One minute it's rock solid and I can't put any force on the brakes and the next, I put my foot through the foot well.

Occassionally, the brakes work properly but I spend most of my time using the handbrake to slow down so I don't start smashing cars up, left, right and center.

The mechanic who did my car is a friend of my parents, so I don't believe it is down to going to a cr#ppy garage.

Any ideas people?!?!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Sounds to me like you're driving about in a death trap.

Tyres going bald on the inside within two months, IS important. Probably your tracking is off (and it'll be way off to chew up tyres that quick) but really I'd want the whole lot checking, struts, bushes, the lot.

As for the brake problem, and not to put too fine a point on it or have a go at anybody, but you're putting your own life and the lives of others in danger every time you drive it if the brakes are not working. Probably something to do with the master cylinder but that wants looking at, and urgently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts